Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid-range build

Options
  • 04-07-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, hoping you can help me out/improve my build!

1. What is your budget? €800-ish

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Software development

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Mouse, keyboard, wireless card

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes, two (productivity, not rice)

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? n/a

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes but I'm really not too interested in it

8. How can you pay? Will have to do finance

9. When are you purchasing? within a month

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? don't need help

I'm not much of a gamer, except for old games.
    I want a SSD for 1/ the boot speed, and 2/ the type of programming I do (with large graphs) will benefit greatly from lower latency from the drive (I think)

Here's what I got so far.
    Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3450 Box, LGA1155|175,58 €
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|36,53 €
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's NB Upgrade Kit|99,90 €
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|79,30 €
    3R Systems Design Gehäuse R480 Schwarz|24,25 €
    Kiss Quiet 420W |14,97 €
    XFX RADEON HD 6770 850M 1GB DDR5 DUAL DVI, Mini HDMI | 87,10 €
    ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP, Sockel 1155, ATX |79,33 €
    Special item: BenQ GL2450 (x2) |269,38 € (€134.69 ea)
    Shipping|??
    Total|866,34 €

Extra credit questions:
    * Are the PSU and mobo OK for this build?
    * Is the extra cost of the Samsung SSD worth it? (over a slightly cheaper 120gb SSD)
    * Could I save money on the graphics card, or is the 6770 the entry-level card nowadays, should I want to play Diablo 3 or w/e?
    * is the extra cost of the backlit monitors worth it?

Thanks guys
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Do NOT get that PSU, it'll actually blow up your system. Get an Antec VP350 PSU instead. Maybe swap the Graphics card our for a 7750, but that won't make much difference. It just has much less power consumption.

That case is pretty poor, get the Fractal Core 1000, or Bitfenix Merc Alpha/Beta.

Also, you should try not to get "Special Item" components. It means they're returned or were shelf goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Kiss Quiet, even the name is horrible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BillyCom

Kiss Quiet, even the name is horrible :pac:

They should've just called it the Burn Fast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AdidasHoor

Eboggles wrote: »
    Do NOT get that PSU, it'll actually blow up your system. Get an Antec VP350 PSU instead. Maybe swap the Graphics card our for a 7750, but that won't make much difference. It just has much less power consumption.

That case is pretty poor, get the Fractal Core 1000, or Bitfenix Merc Alpha/Beta.

Also, you should try not to get "Special Item" components. It means they're returned or were shelf goods.

Thanks, this is great input ;)

Advertisement