Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Camping Reduced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just a heads up, the vast majority of well priced tents are not in stock or only in stock in one or two stores in Ireland. I've been looking for a tent as I have an Argos voucher to spend and any of their lightweight well priced tents are not available. Looks like I'm going to have to go for this: www.checkargos.com/index.php?productId=939%2F2551 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Argos have a lot of their camping stuff reduced. Bought this tent yesterday http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401716/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/3%7C19719008%7CCamping%7C14419397/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419397%7CTents%7C14419414.htm happy with the price and size haven't tested it on the Irish summer yet.

Might not be that great of a deal you got

Additional Information

* Please note item 3401716 has previously been on sale at €80.99.

€10 cheaper now, but misleading to say half price. Argos are constantly doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Doinker wrote: »
    Might not be that great of a deal you got

Additional Information

* Please note item 3401716 has previously been on sale at €80.99.

€10 cheaper now, but misleading to say half price. Argos are constantly doing this.

Probably not half price and sharp practice from argos to claim that it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Probably not half price and sharp practice from argos to claim that it is so.

AFAIK there is some legislation around this - that the product being discounted has to be on sale at the higher price for x amount of weeks before hand. So the retailers double the price for x amount of weeks without any expectation of selling any. After x amount of weeks they have discount it under the 'HALF PRICE' banner.

Tesco do the same with their half price wine promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Doinker wrote: »
    AFAIK there is some legislation around this - that the product being discounted has to be on sale at the higher price for x amount of weeks before hand. So the retailers double the price for x amount of weeks without any expectation of selling any. After x amount of weeks they have discount it under the 'HALF PRICE' banner.

Tesco do the same with their half price wine promotions.

Hence why shops like Penneys use the term reductions instead of sales when showing an item is marked down in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Heads up folks: Halfords seem to have dropped their tent prices in the past couple of days. I got their Lichfield 4 man that was 120 last weekend when I priced it, unexpectedly dropped to 80, n I got a further 15% off through a mate who works there.

Myself and herself found the same thing with Argos; anything decent is at zero stock level nationwide, which is quite fishy.

Advertisement