Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TOR] PvPing

Options
  • 04-07-2012 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

If anyone is looking for an active republic guild for some pvp/pve you are more than welcome to come join Bushido on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. I dont get to do ops myself but the guild does and often gets together for PVP groups. Very friendly bunch of players from uk and europe.

On another note how do you guys like the warzones in swtor? For me i much prefer it to WoW because of the bolster mechanic. I have often got over 300k damage on a lv 10 and greatly helped out my team. Something that wouldnt happen in other games because they are all about the gear and level difference. Would like to hear peoples opinions on the warzones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I like warzones but there is still a lot of class imbalance. Sentinels/Marauders in particular are insanely overpowered, Sorcerers/Sages too.

I also hate huttball!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

gonna check that guild out.. i only do MMO on weekends by the way, if they like it

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

It's great until you hit 50. Then you have to suffer tons of matches in which it's all about gear. Awful system, and i'm glad gw2 plans to change this. Ain't gona pvp past level 49 anymore. I don't want to waste time being fodder.

Anyway, i love huttball but dislike voidstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

I love it the PvP so far (except voidstar, hate that ****tty little poo hole) but I haven't yet dinged 50 so your case means nothing to me yet. Just wondering how big is the grind for PvP gear? I don't really mind being fodder since I'm a healer, you get used to having to bubble and force speed away or just getting cc > nuked to ashes. Still though I am finding it to be great craic in general so I'm content with it

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chuey

Love the PVP in SWTOR. Sure there are balance issues between classes but there always will be and these will always change as the devs tweek things.

I used to agree that the diff between 10-49 and 50 WZs was huge but now you get a free PVP Recruit set on hitting L50.

The grind for Battlemaster gear is very easy, some of the more hardcore could get the full set in 2-3 days! Likes of me who only gets a few hours on a night and more on weekend it'd take no more than two weeks.

The final set, War Hero, is quite a slog but once in BM you're effective and useful enough to your allies.

Omphin, how active is the Imperial side of Bushido??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Chuey wrote: »

Omphin, how active is the Imperial side of Bushido??

not very active tbh, just a place to store alts, i would suggest to them to keep there alts in an active imp guild instead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I might throw an request in for this as well. Love PvP, and would like to have a good group of people to play with regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

So meaning, avoid doing it on level 50? I'm nearing that level..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nuts!

boarder294 wrote: »
    So meaning, avoid doing it on level 50? I'm nearing that level..

Warzones are great from 10-49 and again from 50 once you're geared. The initial 50 phase where you are massively under geared in pure pants tbh.

Edit: Apologies for the bump - Just saw this thread is a couple months old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I have been insanely active in SWTOR for the past near year. Now, The problem with PVP is:

1. The stun system
    2. Heals are OP
    3. Pre-50 PVP is about Skill but post 50 is about gear
    4. Guilds can que and get matched up against randoms

Pre-50 is AMAZINGLY fun, it's nearly flawless, but it shares the stun problem and the heal problem. But the gear and group queuing is becoming a game breaking aspect. On the server I'm on, The Ebon Hawk, the Republic side in PVP are cheap in their tactics and have actually had hacking investigations placed on some of the guilds due to both the tactics they abuse and some sketchy stats they hit, so that speaks for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Throwing PUGs against Premades is definitely one of the major irritations of PvP in SWTOR, certain maps like Hutt Ball just offer far, far too many advantages to the team which comes in with the right composition. Too many of SWTOR's warzones rely on gimmicks to win rather than actually fighting the enemy as well, probably one of the reasons I took to it so much less than WAR's scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

What they should do is have a different queue for groups/premades and another for single queue. And tone down the gear grind too. hitting 80 you get a pvp set but the gap between the new 80's and those that have grinded for the latest gear is way too much.

Advertisement