Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla Car Alarm

Options
  • 04-07-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey lads, bought myself a Toad Alarm for my 1.3 G6 and although i do know a bit about car electrics, i have no clue where all the required wires are in the corolla! Has anybody wired one up before? Its a universal alarm, i need to wire the indicators, central locking and where the best place to take the 12v power would be,

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

I think you are biting off more than you can chew. Give it to someone who knows what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭nickcleverley

I think you are biting off more than you can chew. Give it to someone who knows what they are doing.

I do like a but of a challenge :p and the car is not worth a professional installation soo just looking on here to see if anyone who had a bit of experience can share their knowledge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What years the car?
    I used to fit Toads & Cliffords, what model Toad is it?
    I've got personal wiring diagrams hidden away somewhere and I know I have corollas in it I'll try and find them, I cant tell you the colour of wires off the top of my head but your going to need a multimeter either ways to check the wires.

Everything that you need is located at/around the fusebox/drivers kick panel, take your power and earth from there, the central locking uses negative pulse.

If your stuck finding the indicator wires you can normally follow them down from the ignition stalk to the fusebox, they only go live to 12v when you turn them on so you can be sure of the specific wire when you check it with your multimeter

5500 wrote: »
    What years the car?
    I used to fit Toads & Cliffords, what model Toad is it?
    I've got personal wiring diagrams hidden away somewhere and I know I have corollas in it I'll try and find them, I cant tell you the colour of wires off the top of my head but your going to need a multimeter either ways to check the wires.

Everything that you need is located at/around the fusebox/drivers kick panel, take your power and earth from there, the central locking uses negative pulse.

If your stuck finding the indicator wires you can normally follow them down from the ignition stalk to the fusebox, they only go live to 12v when you turn them on so you can be sure of the specific wire when you check it with your multimeter

Thanks :) It's 1997 but it's the 98 model, e11! I found all those wires but I didn't know how to take off the fuse box :/

Oh and it's a toad a101CL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

There should be an 8 or 10mm iirc bolt at the top holding it in place which also acts as a ground

5500 wrote: »
    There should be an 8 or 10mm iirc bolt at the top holding it in place which also acts as a ground

On the fusebox?

Advertisement