Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspector can't calculate means

Options
  • 03-07-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Ok, here it is. 1 year later after applying for job seekers allowance and still on supplementary welfare allowance I have asked social welfare why my claim has not been processed. Note: I was self employed and closed down the business. The written response I recieved was the inspector cannot calculate my means and is pending investigation. This is going on exactly one year now, surely after a year and submitting all bank statements, closure of accounts they would could calculate my means? I've been unemployed for the past year. I have recently been accepted onto an education course but I can't attend unless my job seekers allowance is approved so I can get the back to education allowance. I made a formal complaint against the inspector for consistently delaying my application and closing it with no proper explanation. Now my local TD is applying pressure to have my application speeded up and decided on. Has anyone else been through this type of scenario with social welfare? It would be different if I was lazy and just wanted to stay on social welfare but I don't, I want to upskill and participate on the course as I've been unemployed for a year now. Should I forward the complaint to the Ombudsman if this inspector keeps delaying my file with no reasonable explanation? A year is a long time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Im not as bad as that but Ive had problems with them too, I applied for JSA last February after being self employed for 14 years and have received nothing, not a penny, unlike you I was refused payment from the CWA as my wife works 30 hours a week, I had my claim closed as I was late for an interview, I kicked up and got another interview a month ago, I went into them yesterday and demanded to speak to an inspector, I told the inspector that if I had no decision on my claim within a week I would go to my TD and the media as their lazyness was unacceptable.
    If this was a business it would had crumbled long ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel fighter

Sounds like your in the same boat as me. The best advice is get as many written responses and explanations as possible. Keep all your correspondence and show it to your local TD, find out who the boss of your inspector is and write to them. I gave up talking to them over the phone or calling into the the office asking for an update on my claim. I've been signing on every Tuesday for a year now. A friend of mine got her p45 and got approved job seekers allowance in 3 weeks. Its all making me ill and depressed. I dream about making a new life in a different country but its not that easy since my young kids are here and you need money behind you to make a start elsewhere. I signed on last Tuesday and the que was huge with some people leaving after signing a girl went out crying after speaking to social welfare and everyone in the que looked depressed and anxious. I could sense the strain in the air and from the social welfare staff. The country is clearly under a huge strain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

It is depressing alright, I want to leave this country but without a trade and my wife wants to be near her mammy I dont think it will happen soon.. As far as Im concerned there is no future in this country for me, I will loose my house soon I recon and dont know how many court dates I will end up with over my debts.
    I had a call from the inspector this morning looking for a missing x & o slip, I went down to the office and it looks like I will be sorted soon, pity I had to wait so long and make a big deal out of it the other day..

Advertisement