Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treasure Hunt

Options
  • 03-07-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,097 ✭✭✭✭

A treasure hunt with a twist
    As part of the Limerick 4th July celebrations why not join our ‘Tweasure’ Hunt and take a stroll through Limerick city in search of American connections? The event takes place this Sunday, 8 July 2012 from 11:00 – 13:30pm

This family-friendly event will be a great opportunity to rediscover our city while looking for names, places and stories that connect Limerick to the U.S.A.

The teams will be made of 2-5 people and each team will need a smartphone and a Twitter account. Join us even if you don’t have any of these – we’ll find you a team to join on the day!

The participants will be given a map and a set of tasks that will involve finding particular historical plaques, buildings and other places and taking photos, eliciting stories from American “ambassadors” they can meet in the city, and contributing to bring these connections into public awareness.

The event is organised by a team of volunteers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,097 ✭✭✭✭phog

I meant to bump this last night, howver, hopefully, it's not too late to remind people now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

phog wrote: »
    I meant to bump this last night, howver, hopefully, it's not too late to remind people now.

awh nuts! my own fault really, i should've made contact with the organisers sooner and put a reminder in my calendar.

i was thinking it'd be a great way for the young lad to learn some history and see more of the city! :(

we've been to king johns castle, the hunt museum, etc, most of the tourist spots in the city, and he did the viking red bus tour with the scouts a few weeks ago, but he'd have loved something like this!

actually i should've just told the young lad about it and he'd have NEVER let me forget about it! :pac:

hopefully its an annual event! :)

It was a great morning's fun but only 3 teams turned up. Having organised treasure hunts for our sports and social club I know the amount of work that goes into it one so I really felt for the organisers of this event.

Talking to them afterwards it's certainly going to be tried again, I think they had one earlier in the year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phog wrote: »
    It was a great morning's fun but only 3 teams turned up. Having organised treasure hunts for our sports and social club I know the amount of work that goes into it one so I really felt for the organisers of this event.

Talking to them afterwards it's certainly going to be tried again, I think they had one earlier in the year as well.

So between 6 and 15 people turned up? (am basing that on the fiorst post where it says teams will be between 2 and 5 people)

That's a shame, but maybe the weather played a part as well as it looked like it was going to rain for most of the day.

Kess73 wrote: »
    So between 6 and 15 people turned up? (am basing that on the fiorst post where it says teams will be between 2 and 5 people)

That's a shame, but maybe the weather played a part as well as it looked like it was going to rain for most of the day.

8 people, 2 teams of 3 and a team of 2......and we came 3rd :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement