Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another question regarding AEG project

Options
  • 03-07-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi all

right so got the motor out of the way, thanks Kev :), be curious to see them SHS' when they land

I have two rail systems in mind.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-mk18-9-5-daniel-defense-sopmod-ii-ris-ii-handguard-black.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-noveske-rifleworks-free-float-10inch-handguard-rail-for-m4-aeg.html

my question is can anyone tell me whether or not the daniel defense one will set on the receiver properly.
    the noveske one looks like the ring will be screwed on to the receiver, the rail than slid over the barrel and attached using the screws, using which ever set of holes on the screw cap which give best result.
    as for the daniel defense ones, the idea seems pretty similar to the noveske one but I'm afraid that unlike the noveske one there isn't any way to adjust the tightness of the rails in case they're not tight.

seems a bit confusing but hopefully I've explained how i think they work pretty good.
    thanks for the help everyone :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

They both look like they will sit tight on , the noveske takes screws at right angles to the unit that run though it and bolt to the receiving cylinder that comes with it and that in turn is bolted to the receiver.

The DD looks like the ring device attaches to the receiver and screws run through this in line with the main unit and then to the RIS. Very similar concepts the only diff with each is just the angle of attack where the screws bolt to their different holding devices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

hightower1 wrote: »
    They both look like they will sit tight on , the noveske takes screws at right angles to the unit that run though it and bolt to the receiving cylinder that comes with it and that in turn is bolted to the receiver.

The DD looks like the ring device attaches to the receiver and screws run through this in line with the main unit and then to the RIS. Very similar concepts the only diff with each is just the angle of attack where the screws bolt to their different holding devices

thought something along the lines alright, just making sure as the DD one looks like the nicer one, although the Noveske one is cheaper and suits the receiver I'm getting better :). thanks for the advice.

Advertisement