Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any reviews on mount kenneth flats?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi , Im moving out with just a budget of 100 a week and have been offered a two bed place in mt kenneth for 400 a month. It will be my first time moving out so Im not looking for anything too special and my family has been at me to move out soon.

so can anyone give me any advice on this area? especially the flats above the dominos pizza place thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Jofspring

clarbar wrote: »
    Hi , Im moving out with just a budget of 100 a week and have been offered a two bed place in mt kenneth for 400 a month. It will be my first time moving out so Im not looking for anything too special and my family has been at me to move out soon.

so can anyone give me any advice on this area? especially the flats above the dominos pizza place thanks

I've never lived there but to be honest I'd stay well clear of it. From what I've seen of the area it is very dodgy and badly lit also. Was in the apartments across the way but not the ones above Dominos and to be honest I would't stay in them.

For 400 a month you should get somewhere decent enough, especially if you can share with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As above, you could share a house with a few others in somewhere like Raheen for less money....and less possible hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

You'll get far better deals than that. For the most part, Mount Kenneth is a dive. A modern day slum.

Do you need two bedrooms?

You'll share a decent house in the city centre for anything between 200 and 300 euro per month. Are you looking for your own place?

You'll get better far flats in the city centre for that price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Foxytrot

Hi I lived in the flats above the Domino pizza place a few years ago.
    When we moved in we were paying a lot more then 400 per month but that was when renting was alot more expensive and it was cheaper option.
    When we first moved in we were on the 3rd floor and had no problems. Our neighbours were nice and there were plenty of families.
    However a few months in the place started to change. Alot of people started hanging around the lobby and door and i would often see people trying to get in without key. Worst of all my apartment got broken into during the middle of the day while i was gone to the shop. They kicked down the door and ripped place apart. People who ran the building were really nice and tried their best but didn't feel safe there. Gardai found out later that neighbour's partner had left her brother who was known to them live there while he was gone away. They had parties every night and would come and start banging on our door at night roaring abuse. The security men were told by gardai to not go near them yet we were the ones right beside them. I am still convinced they were ones who broke in! This was a about 3 years ago so i don't know whether it has improved. If you are planning to rent pm me the name of the landlord as the one i had was total cowboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

jesus haha after hearing these replies I think I ll save abit more and find a better place, thanks anyways I didn't let my impulses get the better of me going to keep house hunting thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

The area itself isn't as bad as everyone is saying. I live in the area and it's quite & never had any hassel. We moved in 2 months ago, and while apartment hunting we looked at the mt. Kenneth apartments. They are very very basic, just not very nice at all.

Advertisement