Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work pays

Options
  • 03-07-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

i have just read the website for social welfare and apparently since i have ACTUALLY WORKED all the time since 2009 i am not qualifying for the full rate. i know alot of people who are still living with their parents who qualify since they cant be bothered getting off their arses and getting jobs (im talking about specific people, not everyone) this is an absolute joke. this is what it says on the website:

The reduced personal and qualified adult rate of Supplementary Welfare Allowance for claimants under 25 years of age does not apply in the following cases:
    • People with dependent children
    • People aged 18 or 19 on 30 December 2009 who have been getting SWA since 29 April 2009
    • People aged at least 20 on 30 December 2009 who have been getting SWA since 30 December 2009
    • Certain children in the care of the HSE during the 12 months before reaching 18 years of age are also assessed using the JA rate for people aged 25 or over.
    i feel like writing to joan burton, minister for social protection and asking her to rework out my prsi and social charge which was VERY HIGH the last few years so that she might work out a cheaper charge which i should have paid since i am not a 'qualified adult'. also why dont they take any adult rights i have received the last few years. i have worked for 8 years. work pays my ****ing hole!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you worked for all of 2010 you will get the full rate of JSB.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

mp22 wrote: »
    If you worked for all of 2010 you will get the full rate of JSB.

The rates for Jobseeker's Benefit depends on your earnings in 2010.
    The rates can be seen here: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersBenefit/Pages/jb.aspx#Rates3
    If someone does not qualify for the full rate of Benefit, they can opt to apply for Jobseeker's Allowance and receive the appropriate rate (or whichever is more beneficial).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement