Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio PCG GRT896HP Laptop stolen from hospital room

Options
  • 03-07-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

My friend had been using her old Sony Vaio PCG GRT896 HP laptop to communicate with friends and support groups while coping with paralysis. The laptop is greyish-black, with a big flickery screen. It's old, heavy, well-worn and the Pentium 4 inside runs hot. It has scratches and signs that it has been taken apart and reassembled many times. And it looks like this:

http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/sony-vaio_pcg_grt896hp-laptop-n4.htm

If an old blackish-grey Vaio suddenly shows up in your household, ask questions. PM me here if you think it may have been stolen from a disabled hospital patient. I can identify it by some unique characteristics. Also, if the thief doesn't remove the battery and shut it down properly it will probably go up in smoke like most Sonys of that vintage have and may start a house fire. As much as that would be kharma doing what kharma does, I don't wish it upon anyone.

I'm looking for its MAC address so I can post it here and if it appears on anyone's router, again, please PM me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

best of luck finding it, keep an eye on the usual sites for selling laptops.

Advertisement