Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can 2 people live in same house when ones going to Mary I and UL ?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hello, me and friend are going to college...

My in UL an my friend in Mary I but we want to live together . Is this possible or are the two colleges too far away?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

You'd be talking really about getting a house/apartment in the city center. This would be roughly 20 minutes walk from Mary I. There's a bus that goes from the city center to UL, it's supposed to go every 15 minutes but it doesn't really. Generally it takes about 30 minutes on the bus to get to UL in average traffic, not sure what it would be like in the morning. It took me 45 minutes one morning in a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

You'd be talking really about getting a house/apartment in the city center. This would be roughly 20 minutes walk from Mary I. There's a bus that goes from the city center to UL, it's supposed to go every 15 minutes but it doesn't really. Generally it takes about 30 minutes on the bus to get to UL in average traffic, not sure what it would be like in the morning. It took me 45 minutes one morning in a taxi.

so in other words....Its not really realistic for college?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'd say it would be workable, but annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Theres plenty of people who live in Raheen, Dooradoyle, South Circular Road areas who go to UL and it's not a problem, so I don't see how living around MIC would be a huge problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Are either of you driving?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

You definitely wouldn't be able to work it so that both parties aren't spending an inordinate amount of time and money commuting. Just get student accommodation or something in first year (for Mary I, I'd recommend Courtbrack but that's because I went there in first year) and then in second year you'll have made Mary I friends who you can move in with to a house (although a lot of people live in overpriced rubbishy student accommodation, which is no fun because you're being babysat by the security).

Seriously, the easier you can make it for yourself during first year of college in Mary I, the more you'll enjoy what is essentially a píss-take of a year! With the new course coming in, there might be a greater workload or there might be far less but either way, the more comfortable and convenient you make things for yourself, the better you'll do both socially and academically.

Advertisement