Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VTOS/childcare/employment/travel allowance

Options
  • 03-07-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all, I have gained a place on VTOS this coming September.

Childcare

I paid a visit to the creche that my daughter will be attending while I am in school, the manager of the creche advised me that there is a fee of around 30euro per week for the childcare which I had thought was free to participants on the VTOS course?

Just wondering if this is correct? I was under the impression that the childcare was free...

Employment

Is it true I can work (part-time) and retain my full BTEA allowance?

Travel/Lunch allowance

Does anyone know how much the travel/lunch allowance is for participants on the VTOS course?

Any advice would be welcome!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Not sure about how much the travel is but the food allowance for me last year was 80c per day. You can work part time under the VTOS scheme, im not sure if there is a maximum of hours. I dont know what the story is in regards to working with BTEA, although i think you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tomomurray1

Hi richard, thanks for the reply, hopefully I can get some conformation from others on this site!

just as a side, how did you find the VTOS course? did you use it to enter 3rd level education?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Hi richard, thanks for the reply, hopefully I can get some conformation from others on this site!

just as a side, how did you find the VTOS course? did you use it to enter 3rd level education?

thanks

I enjoyed my course greatly. It was business related. Im currently waiting to hear back from colleges in terms of a mature student position or the FETAC places. I wont be using my 2nd year of VTOS at 3rd level if i do recieve any offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hi all, I have gained a place on VTOS this coming September.

Childcare

I paid a visit to the creche that my daughter will be attending while I am in school, the manager of the creche advised me that there is a fee of around 30euro per week for the childcare which I had thought was free to participants on the VTOS course?

Just wondering if this is correct? I was under the impression that the childcare

Any advice would be welcome!

Hi it's true about the childcare it came in, on the last budget. I was under impression it was 25 though

Advertisement