Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA induction hob - €600 down to €250

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I have the 4 zone model for about 2 years now. Paid close to full price too... ~€450, IIRC.
    I would recommend it to anyone... it's an excellent hob.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Induction hobs are fantastic, all the benefit of immediate heat adjustment like gas but without gas (if you catch my drift).
    I picked up a Beko 4 ring one in Power City for €280, was priced at €299 but offered €280 and he took it!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have a 5 ring gas hob and a an electric double oven.

My mother allways told me to have both utilities,and if one of the services goes off,you will allways have a method of cooking hot food.

And twice this year,Ive been saved by my gas hob,due to 2 leccy power cuts in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone find any reviews for the NUTID HIN4T? Reading around, it seems it's a rebadged Whirlpool, but no idea which model.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

paddy147 wrote: »
    My mother always told me.......
    Gwan ya big blouse Paddy :D

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Gwan ya big blouse Paddy :D

Mammy knows best.:D

Anyone find any reviews for the NUTID HIN4T? Reading around, it seems it's a rebadged Whirlpool, but no idea which model.

All Ikea appliences are made for them by Whirlpool (afaik)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

So, if I had a standard electric hob (looks the same as the induction one) could I just replace it with this or would I need to buy a new ikea unit and all of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

What's the advantage of the 3 ring hob over the 4 ring one? Space?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

It's just a different layout. We have had 4 ring hobs for ever (and even had a 6 ring one at one stage) but we never actually use them all at the same time. By only having 3 you can have them in a straight line instead of 2 in front and 2 at the back. This means you don't have to reach over the front ones to get to the back. It saves counter space.

z

• Advertisement

So, if I had a standard electric hob (looks the same as the induction one) could I just replace it with this or would I need to buy a new ikea unit and all of that?

Zags are not known for their DIY ability, but as I understand it you can just replace an existing one with one of the IKEA ones *if the dimensions are the same*. Note that the 3 ring one is unlikely to be the same shape as your existing one though.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Out of stock in Dublin... maybe some in on Friday. Offer ends weekend though so gotta be quick!

Hmm, they are showing 3 in stock here - http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/availability/20147647/

Maybe someone just bought all 3 today.

In slightly nerdular territory, I was watching it over the last week or two - it definitely went from 4 to 3 the day I bought mine, so it seemed to be accurate.

z

The square 4 ring that OP posted was due in today but now supposed some on Sunday.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30147618/

They're not referencing the big reduction anymore so it may be a permanent price now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I have had the 4 ring one for the last year, got it for free when putting in a whole kitchen and they had an offer on appliances

I can recommend it highly (though with the caveat that you may have to buy new cookware to use on it but these are becoming more common now) that only annoyance is that it beeps everytime you leave something on it that it can't heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

only annoyance is that it beeps everytime you leave something on it that it can't heat

that would seem like a good feature? no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

groom wrote: »
    that would seem like a good feature? no?

Not when you don't have any of the rings turned on and just want to use it as counter space

I just find it very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pixied

Hi

I've been trying to purchase this hob, but Ikea website and telephone service says it's out of stock and doesn't have an update as to when it could be back in or not.

Anyone know when it's due back in or any other info? I don't fancy a trip all the way to the store for nothing :(

Also any one get any good integrated oven deals? <sorry if off topic>

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi

I've been trying to purchase this hob, but Ikea website and telephone service says it's out of stock and doesn't have an update as to when it could be back in or not.

Anyone know when it's due back in or any other info? I don't fancy a trip all the way to the store for nothing :(

Also any one get any good integrated oven deals? <sorry if off topic>

Thanks!!

Sometimes when ikea reduce things heavily it is because they are going to be discontinued. I am a home ec teacher and am regularly buying cookers, I always find powercity the cheapest but try and get did to price match it (as power city can be a pain to deal with!) If I were you can get great bargains from
    http://www.murphysdiscountappliances.ie/
    They sell ex display or reconditioned appliances that come with warranties. There is a similar shop that has opened up in Drogheda too in m1 retail park, tbh the are popping up all over the place. Their stock changes daily so I always ring in advance to see what they have, no point in wasting a journey! These shops have ads on done deal. I saved €300 on a cooker with them compared to the gas company!

I looked at 4 ring version of this, link from OP post below, and it was not the normal size as our current hob so just be very careful when doing measurements on this as it seems all is not as standard as I thought...

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30147618/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

paddy147 wrote: »
    All Ikea appliences are made for them by Whirlpool (afaik)
    Aye, funny you should mention it, as I was looking at the pic and thinking that it looks identical to the Whirlpool equivalent.

When my basic ceramic fails, that's what I'll be going for (induction).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

There seems to be some mad differences in the pricing of Ikea induction hobs from one country to another.

I'm in Sweden and here in the sale they had the HINF4T 71cm 4 ring hob reduced from 5995kr (about €705) to 3495kr (about €405), it's back up to 5995kr now.

Yet in Ireland the normal price for this hob is €299.

Like the OP I must tackle Ikea customer service about it.

[edit] Just checked on ikea.co.uk and the exact same model is £150 (about€191)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

We were going to change our ceramic hob for an induction one. The hole in the counter top was the right size the hob was too deep - there's an oven underneath so space is very limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

What's the cost of cooking on the induction hob compared with gas?

Also, I see they're offering "induction hob with booster". What does 'booster' mean?

What's the cost of cooking on the induction hob compared with gas?

Also, I see they're offering "induction hob with booster". What does 'booster' mean?
    40% less than gas, AFAIR. Replaced a 4 ring gas unit with the ikea induction yesterday for a friend.

The "booster" feature - suppose you wanted to get water to a boiling point quickly, then level off, well the booster would be used in this instance.

For anyone looking at this unit, there are 2 on display in ikea. One is €375 and it's neighbour is €275. The specs are almost identical; small boost increase on 2 zones and a 1cm diameter difference is all I could see for the €100 extra. A bit of a no-brainer really. The guy I fitted it for had done quite a bit of research on price and spec comparisons and was confident that the one purchased was really well priced.

Thank you so much, dodzy. What about the wiring - does it require complex wiring?

Thank you so much, dodzy. What about the wiring - does it require complex wiring?
    Nope, standard. L,N & E.

Dont panic when you see the 5 connection points :)

There are links in place ( correct for UK/IRL ) and you will have wiring instructions imprinted on the underside of the unit to refer to. Just ensure that you have cable of the correct rating to connect to the hob. If you are fortunate enough to have a correct cutout in the worktop, it's a 10min job.

dodzy wrote: »
    Nope, standard. L,N & E.

Dont panic when you see the 5 connection points :)

There are links in place ( correct for UK/IRL ) and you will have wiring instructions imprinted on the underside of the unit to refer to. Just ensure that you have cable of the correct rating to connect to the hob. If you are fortunate enough to have a correct cutout in the worktop, it's a 10min job.

Thanks very much. This is such good news!

Advertisement