Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

know any good places to buy mma gear in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I need a cup and muay Thai shin guards specifically. I've taken more crotch shots than i remember. my gym sells them but they are very expensive. I've tried the mma shop on capel st. they don't have them either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I need a cup and must Thai shin guards specifically. I've taken more crotch shots than i can remember. my gym sells them but they are very expensive. I've tried the mma shop on cape st. they don't have either

Most clubs can get you gear if you ask them.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hefty man john

Most clubs can get you gear if you ask them.[/Quote]

you mean they'll order stuff in? why would they do that when they wanna sell their own overpriced gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

you mean they'll order stuff in? why would they do that when they wanna sell their own overpriced gear?

I can as can most club owners get the same stuff as in the shop's in Ireland and usually can sell it for a few quid less, Or would you prefer to pay the shop's more?!

Your other option is to just go on Ebay and chance your arm there.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

There is a martial arts shop on Mary Street, They sell gloves pads and cups as far as I can remember only been in there once.

Its down the end of Marystreet on the corner oppositte AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

you should order off amazon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

As Cowzer said you should be able to buy from your club/coach a lot cheaper than in the shops.

I find it hard to believe at Mullens on Caple St don't stock shin guards or cups.

As Cowzer said you should be able to buy from your club/coach a lot cheaper than in the shops.

I find it hard to believe at Mullens on Caple St don't stock shin guards or cups.
    They said they won't have any in till October!

There is a martial arts shop on Mary Street, They sell gloves pads and cups as far as I can remember only been in there once.

Thanks man ill check that out on my next day off

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

I have a feeling that's mullen sports - as Mary street intersects caple street

there is a place on abby street that stock mma t-shirts and some badboy gear,cups etc worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GARR

Try these.......http://www.fightgear.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭RoboRat

RDXinc.co.uk - got good 16oz gloves and compression shorts with cup from them, came to about £45 stg as far as I remember.

Amazon have a good selection of cups and gloves too

Fightshop.com have good Hatton gloves for relatively cheap.

Sportsdirect have good gloves at great prices (16oz Everlast for £13 or Venum for £34)

alternately, if you are willing to wait, sign up to MMAHQ.com and they do a deal a day, might have to wait a week or so for gloves but they come up fairly frequently.

Just noticed that you are looking for shin pads and not gloves... doh! all those places stock them too, so worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm very happy with all my RDX gear so far.
    I though it'd be a case of 'buy cheap, buy often' with it, but so far so good with all of it getting a good bashing the last seven months or so, no sign of wear at all and very comfortable to use.

I have a feeling that's mullen sports - as Mary street intersects caple street

One and the same.

there is a place on abby street that stock mma t-shirts and some badboy gear,cups etc worth a look

CRU, and you'll find Gary Morris there somedays OP so you'll get advice based on experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm very happy with all my RDX gear so far.
    I though it'd be a case of 'buy cheap, buy often' with it, but so far so good with all of it getting a good bashing the last seven months or so, no sign of wear at all and very comfortable to use.

That cup must stink :P

MrStuffins wrote: »

I've mine about 15 years, I think its actually fermented now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

MrStuffins wrote: »

Not as bad as my jiu-jitsu :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Fanatic shop in Mary Street Mall sell shorts, rashguard, gis, gloves and cups.
    I am not talking about Mullens sports. this place is in a mall

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

fightgear.ie only a new company and only starting off small but a sizeable shipment just landed yesterday of MMA gloves and MMA shin pads

loads of thai and MMA stuff on the web site and they have groin guards and thai shin pads as well..

We are only starting off, lots of improvments to be made, but anything on the website is in stock

cheers paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bumnote

I got sorted from a web shop in dublin www.spartaten.com nice comfy cup :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Lalor90

Try anchorandarm.com, they have loads of gear and they're based out of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lalor90 wrote: »
    Try anchorandarm.com, they have loads of gear and they're based out of Ireland.

Presumably in the last 6 years they've managed to find somewhere :pac:

So many more options now than back in those days! You're lucky in Dublin in Edinburgh there's only really one shop even now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lalor90

Haha I should hope so! Would you not just buy online?

Advertisement