Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Womens Sevens

Options
  • 03-07-2012 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I happened to be in the airport last night when I saw the Ireland Womens squad returning home and I though to myself I must see how they got on. A quick check on-line and sure enough they had done the business and qualified for the World Cup.

So I would like to congratulate the gilrs on qualifing for the World Cup. Some achievment for a group that only started out a few months ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I bumped into them on the outward journey. Great to see them being successful.

Is women's 7s going to be at the Olympics as well?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I bumped into them on the outward journey. Great to see them being successful.

yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Yes, afaik Ireland women's 7s only started recently with the view of going to the Olympics

And a massive congrats to them for getting a WC qualification so soon after staring, massive achievement

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brilliant stuff. When is the WC on?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Brilliant stuff. When is the WC on?

2013 I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Naomi00 wrote: »
    2013 I think
    Yep. both mens and womens 7s world cups are in moscow next year

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leinster12

Great achievement, fair play to the IRFU, although they committed to it very late, they did it properly & put the resources into it. Both the XV's and the VII's squad can be very successful if the IRFU commit fully to it like they did for the last 11 weeks. Hopefully this is the start of Women's rugby going on the rise in Ireland. Irish female athletes really seem to be punching above their weight/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Women won the plate against Spain today.

Three pieces of silverware in three tournaments

Advertisement