Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JObbridge to real job problems questions( please help)

Options
  • 03-07-2012 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

OK. My jobbridge is being terminated at 2nd July and replaced by a real job by the way company. Only problem is I get paid at the end of the month. So I'll be without money for a whole month. What should i do here? Should I sign off jobbridge now? WHat do I do?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    OK. My jobbridge is being terminated at 2nd July and replaced by a real job by the way company. Only problem is I get paid at the end of the month. So I'll be without money for a whole month. What should i do here? Should I sign off jobbridge now? WHat do I do?

Thanks guys.

Talk to your line manager and/or fas

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

I might lost my jobbridge but surely I will still get JSA until the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What? If the jobbridge is being replaced by a full time job - what has JSA got to do with it?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

am. I won't get any money until the end of the month like i've said in the OP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    I might lost my jobbridge but surely I will still get JSA until the end of the month.

Of course you won't. If you were getting that you would be getting paid twice each week. Talk to the company and they might be able to do something for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

What do u think everyone else in the real world does op, seriously u can't have your cake and eat it....speak to your manager and ask for an advance it shouldn't be a huge issue

But it is very cheeky of you op to expect the social welfare to fund you while in full time employment waiting to be paid regardless of if it is jobbridge transferring to full time or not if that's the case sure when we are all stuck for cash waiting for payday we might as well head over to the swo and ask for money...what planet are u on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Lots of helpful stuff here I see.

OP you can see you local CWO and ask about a loan to tide you over till pay-day.

Advertisement