Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

increase for new baby

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering about being on JSA and applying for an increase for new child.

Is this back paid to the date of birth of the baby, or only paid from the day you apply? Just wondering as you can only apply once you get the birth cert, and it took ten weeks for us to get the birth cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its only from the day you reply. If theres a good reason it took 10 weeks for the cert maybe you can make a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

that's ok. couldn't find the answer anywhere

it took ten weeks to get the cert cuz that's how long they take in castlebar. too many people having babies i guess. we filled in the pink form in hospital the day she was born and ten weeks later we heard back to go in with id's

O then id querie it, we got the cert 3 days after his birth. On my first her details were not on the system so the registar just called the hospital and inputted the details over the phone. It was about 8 days after her birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

i was told to drop in with the cert after i have him, i presume they update there system there and then? and you get the payment a week or so later? dont want them holding onto the birth cert...would this be correct, im also on JSA...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I've no idea. we just brought in the cert and they copied it. still no payment two weeks later tho. not holding my breath anytime soon either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

I've no idea. we just brought in the cert and they copied it. still no payment two weeks later tho. not holding my breath anytime soon either :)

ah no probs thanks a mill, will wait until i have this little guy, then i'll sort it ;)

When we brought in my son's birth cert, thye copied it and 6 weeks later there was still no change, after 7 weeks they reduced the payment by €11!!!

Aparently this was because I was in maternity benefit. My partner can only claim if I'm working and earning less that €350.

So now that I have returned to work, we have a slight increase even though I have more money. I will never understand it!1

Advertisement