Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Passport/One Day Turnaround 2012

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Emergency passport doesnt bring up results that are too recent.

Like a dunce my passport is out of date, in a different city and I was booked on to a Ryanair flight to the UK.

I am traveling on Wednesday morning from Dublin to the UK.

Would the passport office in Dublin still process an application in a day if I get to the office as they open? I understand from other threads there would be a fee, I am prepared for this.

I am not attending a family emergency but it is a once chance only meeting with a University regarding a masters course so I am not too hopeful to get a one day passport with that excuse. I have birth certs, flight information and I shall print other university related info now.

Thanks
    bbk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Realistically if I was you I would book a flight with Aer Lingus and bring the driving licence. I seriously doubt if you'll get a passport in one day, especially if you don't have the expired one to submit with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

Indeed, didnt work. Booked another airline instead who take in date passports, out of date passports, student cards, national union of student cards, driving licenses. :rolleyes:
    A mix of my mistake for general passporting stuff and Ryanair being picky.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd bring the driving licence. However accommodating Aer Lingus might be on the outbound flight, you'll still have to get past the people in the airport in the UK coming back so the more official the document the better. And hold on to the boarding card coming back, I flew from LHR on Sunday to T2 and had to go through a passport desk.

Advertisement