Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions please

Options
  • 02-07-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

iv a gap & a chip in my front teeth and i and am undecided on what to do....im debating to get gap filled and tooth filed down? can i have your honest opinions? be gentle :)3

is getting gap filled or crown expensive?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

iv a gap & a chip in my front teeth and i and am undecided on what to do....im debating to get gap filled and tooth filed down? can i have your honest opinions? be gentle :)3

is getting gap filled or crown expensive?
    Hey go to your dentist and ask the question, your situation may be more complex than a filling or a crown or two.
    Good luck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Depends what caused the chip; trauma from an accident, or trauma from your bite. Anything that breaks/wears a tooth, will break/wear a filling/veneer/crown.
    Cosmetically, the asymmetry(& lower tooth) is more obvious than the gap tbh, but that's a personal preference, everyones' ideal of beauty is different.
    See a dentist for a checkup/consultation& you'll have a bit more info to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

looking at that pic, I would be looking into orthodontics, go to a general dentists and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GER82

A capping will be required. I had a sports injury in 2005. The capping had to be replaced today so I got a good innings from it! How ever, I have roughness on the surface of the tooth as a result of the replacement. I rang dentist and was told it was acid from the treatment and it will go in a few days.... Fingers crossed :-(

Advertisement