Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype/MSN Irish Speaker

Options
  • 02-07-2012 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

I've been looking to improve my Irish recently, would any fluent speaker here like to add me on either Skype or MSN to practice in Irish? It appears to be pretty difficult to find natives on the net except here to be honest. I can PM anyone who's interested and would greatly appreciate it too. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sallywin

It might help if you tell us where you're at in terms of your level in Irish. Are you complete beginner, intermediate..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

True :-), well my level is beginner in the sense that I haven't practised it in about 5 years since leaving secondary school. But I'm sure I'd pick it up quick...I wouldn't mind text chatting either to help with grammar and spelling to start off. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sallywin

I'd be happy to go the msn route if you think it would help you. I've been spending tonnes of time speaking the language in the last couple of weeks as I was way behind in that compared to writing, listening, reading, etc. and believe you me I know how hard it is to even find people to practice with! So many other challenges the poor Irish is facing.

Also, try Gaeilge amháin on Facebook. Brill group, loads of fluent speakers on it, a few are native speakers as well and they put up news about meet-ups, etc.

If you want you can PM me with your msn tag and we can arrange times.

Advertisement