Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I missing something?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Really helpful forum! I recently returned from abroad and applied for JSA one month ago now. I have not heard anything at all since and have no idea what way this works as I luckily never needed help before.

Should I be expecting an inspector to call around to my address before I am sent the letter saying whether I am entitled to anything or not? I thought there would be some way to track your application but there doesn't seem to be?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

there is a huge back log regardless of where you are, also you may have maybe left something out of your application which holds it up also

your best bet is to ring them in the morning and see whats going on, its up to you to chase your claim they wont come looking for you, we aint a rich country no more so if you want it you put the effort in

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Applicant1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Really helpful forum! I recently returned from abroad and applied for JSA one month ago now. I have not heard anything at all since and have no idea what way this works as I luckily never needed help before.

Should I be expecting an inspector to call around to my address before I am sent the letter saying whether I am entitled to anything or not? I thought there would be some way to track your application but there doesn't seem to be?

Thanks!

Hi,I didn't think you were able to make an application online for job seekers allowance ? I thought the only thing you could do online was print off an application form ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies. I made the application in the office, not online. If only! I am just confused as I don't know what happens yet. Do I just wait until I get a letter? Should I stay at home as much as possible as I hear that they send inspectors to JSA applicants' homes before they are given any allowance money?

Sorry about my confusion. I am new to all this! :)

Advertisement