Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympia Theatre - View from Upper Circle?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Will be going to the olympia theatre on dame street in Dublin next week to see a concert. We got tickets for the Upper Circle (not by choice)

Was just wondering what are people's experience with the Upper Circle seating and the general layout.

Also is there a bar up there or do we have to go down to another level?

Any info is appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Unassigned seating up there so if you get there early you can get to the front of the balcony. I've been on the back row of the upper circle for a gig and had to stand on the seats to get any sort of view at all.

If there's back projections or anything at the back of the stage you won't get to see it properly.

Overall not great but try to make the best of it by getting to the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DJDontaz

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Unassigned seating up there so if you get there early you can get to the front of the balcony. I've been on the back row of the upper circle for a gig and had to stand on the seats to get any sort of view at all.

If there's back projections or anything at the back of the stage you won't get to see it properly.

Overall not great but try to make the best of it by getting to the front.

I see, so it's every man for himself with regards to the seating, haha.
    Ok, note taken. Will try get in there early to insure we get near the front.

Thanks very much for the help. Really appreciate it. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Sorry to rehash an old thread but I have upper circle tickets for Ben Howard next week.

Doors open at 7.30, I plan on getting there early to try get decent seats, just wondering is there usually a scramble for seats when the doors open or would it be safe to stroll in at 8. What do people think? It's a sold out show.

Cheers

Advertisement