Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Dashboard

Options
  • 02-07-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi

This may not be the right forum for this question. Move this post if there is somewhere else it should be.

Basically I'm looking for software which would create a project dashboard for me. Ideally I'd like this to be GUI based when editing the dashboard. Items the dashboard should display would include project status, risks, issues, escalations, quality info, may be more I would need to clarify.

Has anybody any experience using any software would provide this ability?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

peustace wrote: »
    Hi

This may not be the right forum for this question. Move this post if there is somewhere else it should be.

Basically I'm looking for software which would create a project dashboard for me. Ideally I'd like this to be GUI based when editing the dashboard. Items the dashboard should display would include project status, risks, issues, escalations, quality info, may be more I would need to clarify.

Has anybody any experience using any software would provide this ability?

Thanks

Probably best suit Networking and Computers but I'll answer here.

What you are looking for are programme/portfolio management software. You've not mentioned any pricing but you can use anything from Google Apps spreadsheet (free) all the way up to Primavera P6 which is about $2500 per user. I suspecting it's closer to the former?

In either case there are literally hundreds of solutions out there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_project_management_software

If I were you, rather then waste time and effort, and if this is for a small group of people with basic project management skills and needs, I'd handover the $40 of so for a cloud based project management tool. Plenty out there that allow you free demo accounts so you can check out what makes you comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Basecamp is my favourite option (after trying lots of free versions).

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭karlkarlson

Asana is great. Easy to get in to. Made by ex Facebook and Google types.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah another thumbs up for Asana

Advertisement