Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitted Wardrobes in Limerick?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend a good company or carpenter you have dealt with getting fitted wardrobes installed?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont go to Komandor anyway. Looking for deposit of 1000 euro before doing any work which is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

have you considered putting them in yourself ? There are fairly simple to install options in both B&Q and Homebase. I'm sure the other DIY places would also have options.

If you want a company to design and install.

http://www.slideglide.ie/inhome.html
    http://www.facebook.com/SlideGlideLimerick

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

back in the crazy days was quoted from €4000 to €6000 from a variety of rip-off merchants. went to Ikea with a mate and put together ourselves. €700 for the lot , nice mirrored floor to ceiling , length of the room.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Got on well with Brouder and Murphy John St. - Donal is a nice fella and good product plus v happy with fit out etc.

061 - 411786

- I've no connection with or interest in this business!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mogget

We got ours with Komandor and they were fantastic! yes you do have to give a €1000 deposit but AFTER they have come out and measured your space and you've chosen your spec. Ours cost €1700 and the fitters were super efficient.

Dont you have to generally leave a deposit for most things anyway when you buy them Mc Love??!

Komandor were well worth it and I recommended them to a friend who was equally impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

not sure about giving such a hefty deposit to anyone in this climate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bouli73

thanks for the replies. i will get quotes and see where we go from here.

I would be very concerned giving any company a €1000 deposit with nothing to show for it as well in this climate. I will check them out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mogget wrote: »
    We got ours with Komandor and they were fantastic! yes you do have to give a €1000 deposit but AFTER they have come out and measured your space and you've chosen your spec. Ours cost €1700 and the fitters were super efficient.

Dont you have to generally leave a deposit for most things anyway when you buy them Mc Love??!

Komandor were well worth it and I recommended them to a friend who was equally impressed

Yes you would and we offered them a deposit but they said that they could only accept a deposit of 1000 euro - which is ridiculous, even going to buy a car you dont have to give a deposit of that size!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Langer wrote: »
    not sure about giving such a hefty deposit to anyone in this climate :)

+1, any place these days could be open today and gone tomorrow. The only instance I would give them that sort of deposit is by credit card where you are insured against that sort of thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

if youre going for a wardrobe go for mirrored slide robes - out in b & q

• Advertisement
Advertisement