Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OneHundredFreeBooks.com

Options
  • 02-07-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭

I found out about this site on Lifehacker. This site offers 100 free books for Kindle, and new books are added every hour. A lot of self-published stuff is on the list, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Click on book covers to go to Amazon and read reviews. I've just grabbed 6 new (free) books in the last 5 minutes. You can't really lose here - just read reviews and synopses and see if anything catches your eye ...

http://onehundredfreebooks.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭gipi

Just to mention that the free books link to the Amazon US site, so if you've changed your kindle country to UK (to buy from amazon.co.uk) you will have to change it before being able to grab the freebies!

Thanks for the link Mr E!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Careful before you click on purchase, while most are free some are not free. Great website OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3 100freebooks

gipi wrote: »
    Just to mention that the free books link to the Amazon US site, so if you've changed your kindle country to UK (to buy from amazon.co.uk) you will have to change it before being able to grab the freebies!

Thanks for the link Mr E!

I've heard your cries. I now realize that the internet is a big place... :)

I have now added to the search a drop down that lets you pick .co.uk for searching! And guess what -- now it's UK's turn. There are books that are free there that aren't in .com. So take that .com freebie finders!

(and you are right about your trick -- that probably works for .co.uk for .com people too.)
    Fiskar wrote: »
    Careful before you click on purchase, while most are free some are not free. Great website OP

Yes, there is a "sweeper" process that cleans up shop and removes books that aren't free any more. The free book price usually lasts for a day or two but I've seen it go away in just a few short hours. It's usually done on purpose as a means to promote a book and get some new interest.

I looked at the date you posted this too - I was really giving the sweeper an overhaul then. I think it's doing much better now.

If you see one that it missed, please always feel free to reach out!
    Mr E wrote: »
    I found out about this site on Lifehacker. This site offers 100 free books for Kindle, and new books are added every hour. A lot of self-published stuff is on the list, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Click on book covers to go to Amazon and read reviews. I've just grabbed 6 new (free) books in the last 5 minutes. You can't really lose here - just read reviews and synopses and see if anything catches your eye ...

http://onehundredfreebooks.com/

Woah, that's really flattering! Thanks!

And... hi everyone!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Is there any advantage to changing your country to the UK or is there any difference?

Are the books cheaper? it looks like the US site has a lot more books and a much bigger selection.

shockwave wrote: »
    Is there any advantage to changing your country to the UK or is there any difference?

Are the books cheaper? it looks like the US site has a lot more books and a much bigger selection.

Not really.

From my quick searches and feedback from others, for the most part, the big difference is public domain works.

I think the desire to do it was really the drive for me to do it. So many people asked to see what might be available in their locale after seeing all the action in .com :)

But, it looks like the concept of authors promoting their own Kindle books for free to round up a little buzz hasn't quite hit other places other than .com.

So.. it's kind of more of a curiousity at this point.

But, hey, who knows! As more authors find out that there are people looking for the good free stuff - even outside of amazon.com - perhaps you'll start seeing more results!

For now, it does seem like the largest selection is on .com (US).

Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Not really.

From my quick searches and feedback from others, for the most part, the big difference is public domain works.

I think the desire to do it was really the drive for me to do it. So many people asked to see what might be available in their locale after seeing all the action in .com :)

But, it looks like the concept of authors promoting their own Kindle books for free to round up a little buzz hasn't quite hit other places other than .com.

So.. it's kind of more of a curiousity at this point.

But, hey, who knows! As more authors find out that there are people looking for the good free stuff - even outside of amazon.com - perhaps you'll start seeing more results!

For now, it does seem like the largest selection is on .com (US).

Hope that helps!

Thanks for this, it's very generous offer. With new book's I see!

pirelli wrote: »
    Thanks for this, it's very generous offer. With new book's I see!

Thanks for the kind words.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions on more things to do, let me know.

I'm procrastinating fixing two nagging bugs.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Advertisement