Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what's your avg match length?

• 02-07-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

i just spent a full hour in one game against another terran that walled himself in good. and on avg my games can take 30-40 minutes unless i sneak in some reapers at the start.

Do these shenanigans happen to other people in ladder?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

had one 40 minute game yesterday where the guy turtled hardcore and I wasn't willing to try and break his ramp in case it offered him a counter attack

so I just killed a load of my scvs and suicided bc's at his army until he had nothing left

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

i landed 30 or so vikings behind his cc to finish mine had maybe 45 going in only 15 or so at the end when he took the hint to quit lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Either the proxy 2-gate beats them or it doesn't. 6/7 mins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

lol, i spend most of my time trying to wall ppl in kinda works :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ZvZ is quicker as one of us usually puts on ling/bling pressure and kills the other. Occasionally it will go macro but generally doesn't. I lose more zvz than I would like and am not really happy with this one.

In ZvP I Roach rush because I'll die in the midgame to an immortal push. So they usually only last 7 minutes or so. I have the highest win% by far against toss at gold and plat because they nearly all go Forge fast expand, put down 2 cannons build no units and then wonder why they die. I'd say its about 90% at this stage.

ZvT tends to be my longest match as I go fast 3 base to prepare for the inevitable Hellion/Marauder or Marine/Tank that usually comes about 10 minutes in....so most of my terran matches last a long time. So either they kill me around 10 minutes or I hold it off, and then deny expansions. Eventually they run out of money and GG but this can take about 30 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

It varies. I always shoot for 3/4 base macro in PvT and PvZ. PvP I usually Gate-Robo-Gate expand and react according to my opponent's opening tech.

Apart from that, if my oppoent cheeses the game will either be short or long (no middle ground). An example would be a 6 pool. Even if I hold it off losing perhaps 3 Probes (off an FFE ofc) I usually go for 3 base and go Twilight tech as Mutas usually follow 6 pools. I need to get a better idea of potential Gate timings off 2 bases in that scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

TvTs usually go from 20-40 mins on average I'd say, and on the odd occasion they can be hour long matches due to the nature of the siege tank wars. Tvp normally don't go longer than 25 mins for me as i try to harass/ end the game when stim finishes and before toss can get any tech going. Tvz.... i usually lose those :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I usually lose before 20 min mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I usually lose before 20 min mark.
    :(

Advertisement