Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zte skate €142.50 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

chris1970 wrote: »
    As said on ibood today Monday

http://m.ibood.com/ie/en/

clipboard01td.jpg

shame there is no official cyanogen or proper community support

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

How does this stack up against the Huawei G300?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

JHet wrote: »

Off the top of my head, slower processor bigger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Off the top of my head, slower processor bigger screen.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4594&idPhone2=3784

The Ascend beats it in every category bar screen size. The Zte Skate was a decent phone for the money when it was released, but it's 15mths old at this stage.

In terms of custom firmware, and the community enthusiasm needed to generate that firmware, the Ascend has a bright future. While the Skate has failed to achieve the popularity of it's predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

I would have to agree with you both. Had the ZTE Blade, tis a great little phone but the Monte Carlo never seemed to garner the same enthusiasm in the modding community.

The Ascend can be picked up for 110 euro if you use the free sim changover trick also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I would have to agree with you both. Had the ZTE Blade, tis a great little phone but the Monte Carlo never seemed to garner the same enthusiasm in the modding community.

The Ascend can be picked up for 110 euro if you use the free sim changover trick also.
    Any more information on how one goes about getting and Ascend for €110? It'll be much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Thujrog

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Any more information on how one goes about getting and Ascend for €110? It'll be much appreciated! :)

There is information in this thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056653168&page=8

I just did this today. I ordered a free pay as you go sim from O2. It took a few days to arrive. Then I bought the Ascend from the Vodafone website and said I wanted to move my number to Vodafone. This knocks the price down to 109 euros. When the phone arrives it will cost me around 6-7 euros to get an unlock code. So the total cost will be around 115 euros and I can stay with my current provider. If you actually want to change to Vodafone pay as you go then you can skip the last step :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭LowOdour

a small question..when ordering the free tesco sim card, do they take the mobile number entered and switch it to the tesco network automatically,or does the sim hold a new number?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Thujrog

LowOdour wrote: »
    a small question..when ordering the free tesco sim card, do they take the mobile number entered and switch it to the tesco network automatically,or does the sim hold a new number?

I couldn't work out for certain. So I went with the free O2 sim http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/sim-only/ (pick the first one). They ask for a phone number in the form, but sent out a sim with a new 086 number. When ordering on Vodafone they need to be able to send a text to the number you are porting over. I was able to put the O2 sim in my phone and receive the text without adding any credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

+1 to that. I loved the San Fransisco and rushed out to get the Monte Carlo which i did like but I got the Ascend on Friday and have to say so far am very impressed with it. Much better battery life than Monte Carlo (which was much better than the san fransisco before!) The only advantage for the Skate/Monte Carlo is the bigger screen size and the screen resolution is superior to the Ascend.
    Orange have the replacement for the Monte Carlo out now so that'll knock the price down a bit for the Monte Carlo.
    Do the switchover and get it for 109 and if you're registered for fatcheese get a few quid back on your order also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 davesweets

I currently have a san francisco and am looking into getting the g300. how log is the battery life? My san fran 1 only lasts a day? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

davesweets wrote: »
    I currently have a san francisco and am looking into getting the g300. how log is the battery life? My san fran 1 only lasts a day? :)

its substantially better than the OSF, but you probably still won't get much more than a day out of it (its the same for virtually all smart phones - they're effectively miniature computers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm gonna spoil the party and say don't deal with iBood. It's not worth the hassle if something goes wrong. I do plenty of hardware rma's as part of my business, usually they get sorted in a week or two, but not this crowd.

I bought 2x ZTE Blades off them fro the children for Xmas, one of which stopped working in March. I emailed them straight away and returned it to them for an rma shipped on March 14th. I ended up not hearing a word from them for weeks, not even confirmation of receiving the phone I returned. In April I emailed them to complain and received this reply:
    2nd May
    Thank you for your E-mail.

So far there has been no news regarding your repair. This process can easily take 2 months, so we kindly ask until these have expired before requesting an update - when we know more so will you. Apologies for the inconvenience.

We hope to have sufficiently informed you.
    It had already been a week under 2 months
    I contacted them again in early June and got this reply a week later.
    26th June
    Thank you for your inquiry.

We have promptly requested an update and conclusion regarding your repair. We should be able to give you a more exact return date, replacement or refund within a week.

We kindly ask for your patience while we conclude this search and wait for reply.

Finally only last week I got promised a refund from them but as of yet have not received my refund.
    After confirmation received by several parties it does not appear your item would return within a period of time we would consider reasonable. As a result we have promptly split and refunded your order, the funds for 1 out of 2 phones should reach your bank account within 5 to 10 business days.

Apologies for the delay, we hope to have sufficiently informed you.

I won't be dealing with them again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'm gonna spoil the party and say don't deal with iBood. It's not worth the hassle if something goes wrong. I do plenty of hardware rma's as part of my business, usually they get sorted in a week or two, but not this crowd.

I bought 2x ZTE Blades off them fro the children for Xmas, one of which stopped working in March. I emailed them straight away and returned it to them for an rma shipped on March 14th. I ended up not hearing a word from them for weeks, not even confirmation of receiving the phone I returned. In April I emailed them to complain and received this reply:

It had already been a week under 2 months
    I contacted them again in early June and got this reply a week later.

Finally only last week I got promised a refund from them but as of yet have not received my refund.

I won't be dealing with them again

that's very poor customer service :eek:

Advertisement