Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yuki Nishioka's Stolen Violin

Options
  • 02-07-2012 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

I don't know the person but a friend was telling me about Yuki Nishioka who lost her Violin (heard about it first on reddit, also seen here)

My violin was stolen in Gouldavoher, Limerick last night 11:30pm 29th June- 8:00am 30th June. My violin was in boots and my viola was in the back seat.
    The thief stole only my violin.
    I am teaching with Sing Out With Strings program with Irish Chamber Orchestra.
    Sing Out with Strings is the Irish Chamber Orchestra’s flagship community
    engagement programme, which brings free music workshops and tuition to
    primary schools in Limerick’s Regeneration areas.
    (Limerick Regeneration is a government funded initiative to address
    problems of socioeconomic
    deprivation in key areas of Limerick City.)

Facebook Post

577208_4299253484853_1498308772_n.jpg

If I'm not allowed post it here or there's somewhere better to post it, my apologies to the mods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That's Limerick City!

In all seriousness, I hope they find their violin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

So the person taking part in a pogram to help scumbags ... gets robbed by scumbags. Urgh. I just cant even begin with this one, they are beyond help.

Reminds me of something a saw a while back while having a smoke break near a regeneration office. Post paper left in the smoking hut where the FAS kids smoke too. The paper had "fas for life" in marker written on it by them..... Had a chuckle at the unintentional irony of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brr Something

Had the pleasure of hearing her play once. Absolutely unreal, really hope she gets it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

hightower1 wrote: »
    So the person taking part in a pogram to help scumbags ... gets robbed by scumbags. Urgh. I just cant even begin with this one, they are beyond help.

Hightower, for a minute I thought you made an interesting "Freudian Slip" there by misspelling a word pogram while you looked down your nose on those primary school kids benefiting from a very worth while initiative. I hope you meant programme and not pogrom!

But to call all those primary school kids scum bags just because some thief stole musical instruments in a middle class part of the city is a very low vile comment to make, especially as you are probably an educated adult yourself?

See pdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

was also mentioned on Clare FM, on their wonderful trad music slot.
    I really hope she gets it back.
    If nobody buys it then maybe the thief might leave it somewhere with a note for her?
    nah.....
    oh well, fingers crossed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

She got her violin back. Good to see a happy ending.

that's great news, thanks Kess
    just to copypasta from her Facebook page

Dearest all,

Thanks a billion to you sharing the post about my stolen violin and spread the words, the violin was found yesterday!!!!!

An concerned citizen dropped it in Garda station on Henry Street in the night, last thursday 6th July.
    When I got the call from Roxboro Garda station yesterday morning, I jumped on my bed and got tears thanking to everyone who supported super kindly and kept cheering me up gently..!!
    Next moment, I started worrying if the condition of the violin was not same as before.. I got nervous more and more..
    So I went down to Roxboro Garda station after the call straightaway. After while the green case was brought to the room behind the reception. I burst tears when my eyes caught it!! It looked no scars on the body and bow. After finger prints were taken, I could make sound with it eventually. It sounded the most sadly ever. As if it was also crying thanking God the tough days were over.

Such a miracle was definitely obviously made by people who helped spreading the words all over the world through online networks and all media.

I can not to find appropriate words to thank you enough.
    Hope we share this happy-ending story in Limerick between all of us now again and see such a beautiful part of the world.

Kindest regards with my sincere faith to you all,

YUKI NISHIOKA
    Share · 11 hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm glad she got her violin back. I've never heard of someone who stole something but gave it back later until today..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brr Something

Delighted that there was a happy ending to this! Doesn't happen often. Not so sure the guy who stole it gave it back, the chronicle article today just mentioned that she didn't know how it came back, just that it did.
    Could have been anything really, a friend of the thief's, a parent seeing a new violin in the house, a neighbour... anything really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

we had a fund raiser at work for sing out with strings we raised about €500
    It was lovely to see so many kids enjoying playing music :)

Limerick Leader article if anyone wanted to see it

Advertisement