Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint job decision, opinions?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

well, i got a yaris there a couple weeks ago but previous owner did a bad aul paint job with it being black and gold. i have the option to spray it all gold, should i go with that or leave it as is??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Not worth what it will cost on a 13 year old car tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cwoods11

couple hundred to get bonnet and roof back to gold, just a pain gold car is horrific looking too but i cant decide which is going to be worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

That looks like the standard gold colour that Yaris's where available with so you could look around some breakers yards and find a bonnet in the same colour, Then you'd only have to spray the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

To put things into perspective my brother bought a 2001 Vectra afew months ago for €350

Worth considering before spending your money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cwoods11 wrote: »
    well, i got a yaris there a couple weeks ago but previous owner did a bad aul paint job with it being black and gold. i have the option to spray it all gold, should i go with that or leave it as is??
    Why did you buy it if you didn't like the colour? Anyhoos, as you probably got it for around €1,500 I wouldn't spend that much on a respray.

Had a Honda Civic that got some paint damage on the bonnet and top, and was quotes €300 for a cheap job, €1,200 for a good job, or €600 for a half decent job.

You should be able to get the bonnet in a brakers yard for the same colour, and spray the roof, but meh, I'd just leave it as is.

I'd be more worried on how hard it's previous owner drove it, and how often it was serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

hammerite-packshot-196_tcm9-2915.jpgpaint-roller-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but ive a 00 Corolla with some rust spots on the bonnet and front grill/bumper, how much for a respray of both does anyone know?

Is it actually worth doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

About €500+ for a bonnet and bumper, but prices vary a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps just start by replacing bonnet? If it's all gold with black roof it might like fine.
    It's up to you of course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement