Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re:mid caps not working

Options
  • 01-07-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

hi lads could you help.
    bought m14 mid caps on boards for my kart m14 ebr. they fit perfectly but will not feed. any ideas.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eatmeimorganic

King Arms mags by any chance ? I have a cyma M14 and only TM or Cyma mags will feed in it.....tried a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Larrymichael

no they seem to be a TM type mag. they fit perfectly in the magwell, but just dont feed..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Do they feed at all? Or just not well? If it's the latter try to use different BB's (some BB's are just plain not as good as others).

If they don't feed at all, try move the magazine in the magwell and see if you can get it to feed. If you can, then just line your new magazines up with the ones that do feed and observe any dimensional differences. King Arms mags tend to be narrower than other brands, so adding a bit of material (strip of card normally + electrical tape) yields excellent results.

thanks for that.. they dont feed at all, so i will give your advice a go and see how i get on.. i will let you know how i got on.

hi Inari, they are indeed kings arms, what do you do with the cardboard exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

I had the same problem with their m4 mids. i put a single wrap of duct tape around them and that stabilises the mag and they work away then.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

What is the hop up like? I had an issue with mids feeding in an AK74. I replaced the worn plastic hop unit with a metal one and it sorted it. I reckon the hop unit wasn't pushing back the BB retainer on the mag open far enough. Maybe because of wear maybe the actual dimensions of the unit....

well folks

thanks for all the replies, a great community you are..
    the only thing left before i admit defeat is to try a different type of bb...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

what i would do is check them on another gun and see if they are doing the same on that gun if not it will be reliever that is the problem.....but if they dont work on the other m14 you will need to invest in some silicon oil and you should take the mags apart so you can lubricate the spring well and the sides of the mag ie where the spring goes............hope this helped

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Did you try moving the magazine in the mag well while firing, as I suggested earlier? If so, how did you get on? King arms magazines are small - they generally have play/movement. Most of the time you can move them upward so that the hop up chamber engages the magazine properly.

If the magazine fires when you move the magazine (generally when you hold it up), then you need to 'buff' out the magazine with tape + card, or get creative with epoxy putty etc.

All you have to do is line up your mid cap mag with the standard mag, and look at the dimensions. It takes time, and you have to work at it, but you just observe the differences between them, and then modify the mid cap mag to size i.e. if its too big (not going to happen with king arms mags), then you file the mags. If they're too small (infinitely more likely), then you buff them out where they're smaller.

But you have to properly observe it. Just randomly adding mass isn't going to do much.

To get anywhere in airsoft you just need to try things - sure to get my mids to feed in an ICS 551 I had to butcher one with a knife all night, filing it in several different areas until I finally got it to work. It just takes time - trial and error and all that :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement