Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size industrial bar do I buy?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've had an industrial for almost a year now.
    I want to buy some bars online as I live nowhere near anywhere I can buy them.
    But I'm confused as to what size/length I am meant to buy?
    Any help out there?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Measure the one you have if it's the size you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Go to a piercers and ask what gauge & length your industrial is.

You could measure it yourself but guessing the gauge could get you with a really tight or loose piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

The one I have is a little small.
    This is probably a stupid question but do I just measure the bar or from the balls each end?
    And like I said, I live nowhere near a piercing place. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Surely you go to a town once and awhile where there's a piercer, they're kinda common.

Measure the bar itself. Don't worry too much though..you can't really go too long.

The gauge is what matters .. if you get it too small it'll be loose(not much of an issue as the ear tends to tighten to it quick enough) ..but if you get a gauge that's too thick..well that'll be a sore squeeze ..)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Surely you go to a town once and awhile where there's a piercer, they're kinda common.

Measure the bar itself. Don't worry too much though..you can't really go too long.

The gauge is what matters .. if you get it too small it'll be loose(not much of an issue as the ear tends to tighten to it quick enough) ..but if you get a gauge that's too thick..well that'll be a sore squeeze ..)

Nearest is a 3 hour drive.
    Hopefully I'll get out of here for a few days some time soon, but untill then I don't really know.
    Okay, not a clue about the gauge really. I think I'll chance one or 2, not that expensive. And if they don't fit I'll just stock up when I go somewhere.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement