Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming back from non EU country

Options
  • 01-07-2012 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

Specific question about social welfare from returning to Ireland.
    I have been living outside the EU since last last year studying. Before I left Ireland I had sadly been on social welfare for I think 16 months (it was horrible :().
    I return to Ireland soon. I studied abroad to improve my work chances, but while abroad I also did some small amount of work for an Irish based company on a non permanent/freelance basis.
    Will I be able to sign on, on my return? Will there be much difficulty?
    I am hoping to get a job soon- but in truth I am not really looking forward to returning :(
    Thanks for everyones help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You will be able to sign on when you return. You will more than likely have to complete an Habitual Residence Form. Get a letter from the institution where you were studying giving the dates of your attendance e.g. start and stop date. If it is a country which required a visa then try and have the expired visa with you also.

Advertisement