Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJ M92 CO2 Problems

Options
  • 01-07-2012 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have a second hand KJW (M)92FS Full Metal CO2, all black, with the full trades and the rail beneath the barrel. It works great most of the time but it has a quirk.

Every so often, when plinking, the magazine drops out for no obvious reason. At first I thought I had pressed the mag release but I have read that this can be an issue with this KJ model.
    a) Is there a fix for this?
    b) When the CO2 mag drops, the base of the magazine slips off, breaking the little release "nipple" underneath that keeps the mag base in place (which is used to get at the Co2 cylinder). Is there somewhere I can replace this tiny part? I have damaged two mags this way already. I do not have a part number or proper name for it.
    c) I have no manual, is there one out there on the web? In particular, with the parts diagram for the CO2 mags.

Finally, a family member with butter fingers dropped it several times in one airsoft outing (& is now banned from touching it again) and there are a couple of chips. What paint is best used for touching up minor chips?

Thanks, Niall.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

ndf wrote: »
    I have a second hand KJW (M)92FS Full Metal CO2, all black, with the full trades and the rail beneath the barrel. It works great most of the time but it has a quirk.

Every so often, when plinking, the magazine drops out for no obvious reason. At first I thought I had pressed the mag release but I have read that this can be an issue with this KJ model.
    a) Is there a fix for this?
    b) When the CO2 mag drops, the base of the magazine slips off, breaking the little release "nipple" underneath that keeps the mag base in place (which is used to get at the Co2 cylinder). Is there somewhere I can replace this tiny part? I have damaged two mags this way already. I do not have a part number or proper name for it.
    c) I have no manual, is there one out there on the web? In particular, with the parts diagram for the CO2 mags.

Finally, a family member with butter fingers dropped it several times in one airsoft outing (& is now banned from touching it again) and there are a couple of chips. What paint is best used for touching up minor chips?

Thanks, Niall.

I've never heard of this happening, but would first take the pistol apart and make sure the mag catch isn't worn down, this is a very odd problem, I'd worry more about fixing the mag catch than fixing the mags them sevles as that little plastic bit breaks pretty easy anyways.
    on a side note, if you;re skirmishing with the pistol and don;t want to lose the mag, what i do is cut up an elastic band, like just cut it once, then tape one side to one side of the pistol grip and the other to the other side, now when you;re mag is in the pistol you can pullt eh elastic band over the mag, when you need to reload just pull it away, put a new mag in a pull the band back over the mag, this way if the mag catch gets pressed accidentally the elastic band catches the mag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Must be a KJW thing because word for word the exact same thing happened with my brothers sig226. It seems to have fixed itself though so didnt look any further in to it. Keeping in mind this pistol was brand new at the time.

KJW website offers exploded diagrams with part numbers of each pistol so you should be able to get replacement parts no hassle and for cheap too.

As for the paint go to your local auto shop and get some touch up paint for bodywork its cheap ad available in loads of colors and shades, worked well on one of my pistols when it decided to shed its paint from the muzzle.

Advertisement