Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Castletroy to Raheen Industrial park? Help!

Options
  • 30-06-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all!

I'm doing a course in Raheen Industrial Park but staying in Castletroy. I'm just wondering how to bus from C.Troy to Raheen industrial park for the few days? If you had any idea how long it would take that would be great also! Is the only way into City centre and then down to Raheen? Are the buses fairly regular? Which route number? (Last question :P) Where in the ind. Park is the bus stop? Bus Eireann is very vague with there timetable, I have NO idea where the bus goes, and where the stops are.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

You'd probably have to get two buses, one from Castletroy to the city and then one from the city rest of the way. Not sure the number for Castletroy to the city, but the ones from the city to Raheen from Brown Thomas were 304/308 from what I remember. The bus will stop outside the Industrial Estate, on the main road before the roundabout. It's before the South Court and after that church there... This pic should help.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Raheen+industrial+estate&hl=en&ll=52.628899,-8.661727&spn=0.002204,0.005681&sll=52.599763,-8.689113&sspn=0.017751,0.045447&hq=Raheen+industrial+estate&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=52.629008,-8.661637&panoid=bfBjh6qDJvZ_qqblumhiVg&cbp=13,172.52,,0,15.97

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There is a UL-Raheen bus twice a day but only during college semester- so none now until September

Get the 308 into town and then 304 to Raheen. It leaves from outside Debenhams in town every 10 mins. It goes into the industrial estate I *think* but will also leave you off outside it. Ask the driver is best bit.

Do you know where you can get the bus in castletroy?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Eurobus from Castletroy into town might also be an option and Bus Eireann to Raheen Ind Estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The 308 usually takes 20 mins or so from castletroy to Roches St. Then 5 minute walk and a few minutes wait for a 304. Then about 15 minutes to the industrial estate (time may be longer at peak times). So about 45 minutes altogether probably.

You can see I have done this trip a good bit myself :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 215678

Thanks so much for all your help! The Castletroy end I am fine with it's just the Raheen end. Bus Eireann seriously need to improve their information...Thanks again for everything!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

215678 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all your help! The Castletroy end I am fine with it's just the Raheen end. Bus Eireann seriously need to improve their information...Thanks again for everything!
    :)

Hope you've a good time in Limerick. The bus service certainly leaves a lot to be desired, as with most places in Ireland, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Maybe one of these days a direct C'troy to Rahren via Childers Road service will come about. Even an hourly service would be something!

Advertisement