Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox flashing in Waterford?

Options
  • 30-06-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Would like to get the xbox flashed so that I could play games from my external HDD...

Anyone in Waterford able to do this, or what's the cheapest way to DIY :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Sync wrote: »
    Would like to get the xbox flashed so that I could play games from my external HDD...

Anyone in Waterford able to do this, or what's the cheapest way to DIY :D

It's need to be glitched with a Coolrunner mod chip in order to add the external hard drive functionality, it's not recommended for the beginner so your better off having someone mod it for you.

If you have a slim check the back sticker for "12v==10.83a" & dashboard version must be no higher than 14719 I think the same goes for phat models (must have a hdmi output).

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I'll look into that, thanks...

I flashed my xbox about 3 years ago, but I don't remember much of what I did... (that console has since had the RROD and been binned)

I use my current xbox online all the time so it's probably got the latest dashboard meaning this is a no go?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Sync wrote: »
    I'll look into that, thanks...

I flashed my xbox about 3 years ago, but I don't remember much of what I did... (that console has since had the RROD and been binned)

I use my current xbox online all the time so it's probably got the latest dashboard meaning this is a no go?

If it has dashboard 15xxx (check via Console Settings -> System Information -> 2.0.15xxx) then no, it's a no-go. If it doesn't and you want to get it modded, get it done right away and don't go on xbox live until you do. The story is once you go to 15xxx and you don't have your CPU Key (which you can only get via modding) you can't ever get it, and therefore you can't get the RGH and external hard drive functionality.

Very soon (and I mean very soon) a product called the DemoN is going to start shipping. This cool thing will let you swap between a hacked version of your console that'll enable you to play off an external hard drive/homebrew emulators etc and one that's entirely safe to go on Xbox Live with. Up until now once you installed the RGH you couldn't go on Live again. They're going to be pricey enough (€55 not including install) but if Live functionality is so important to you then it's the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

If it has dashboard 15xxx (check via Console Settings -> System Information -> 2.0.15xxx) then no, it's a no-go. If it doesn't and you want to get it modded, get it done right away and don't go on xbox live until you do. The story is once you go to 15xxx and you don't have your CPU Key (which you can only get via modding) you can't ever get it, and therefore you can't get the RGH and external hard drive functionality.

Very soon (and I mean very soon) a product called the DemoN is going to start shipping. This cool thing will let you swap between a hacked version of your console that'll enable you to play off an external hard drive/homebrew emulators etc and one that's entirely safe to go on Xbox Live with. Up until now once you installed the RGH you couldn't go on Live again. They're going to be pricey enough (€55 not including install) but if Live functionality is so important to you then it's the only way to go.

Thanks very much for the information, unfortunately I have the latest dashboard, 2.0.15574.0 so that's that idea gone!

Will the DemoN have a way around this, or is it only for already modded consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

With the latest dashboard it's currently impossible to get the CPU Key, thus any attempt to RGH it will fail. There are smart people looking for some new exploits, but for now you're done. As usual, I wouldn't be holding my breath for new exploits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I wouldnt be so pessimistic TV,
    From my understanding of rgh 2.0 the hack is implemented before the boot chain commences fully and the cpu-fuses can be checked.
    Supposedly according to xecuter this is unpatchable without a hardware redesign on microsofts part.(I might be wrong but thats my understanding of it)

So supposedly its just a matter of adjusting the code so the CPU key can be gotten again.

But I wouldn't be expecting any advance on this untill the release of coolrunner 3

Advertisement