Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Radio

Options
  • 30-06-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭

Woke up last night around 2.30-3 ish and for some reason decided to turn on the radio on my phone and I heard some great hip-hop on so I naturally continued listening.

It turned out to be Radió Na Life and yer man played lots of stuff from Anticon, Def Jux, Rhymesayers and the likes.

http://www.raidionalife.ie/builli.htm Definitely worth a listen on Monday night if you can, reminds me of a better Big Smoke.

Very little speaking, all Hip-Hop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Nice, I'll have to try to catch it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think thats been going on for a long time now. Cant tell you for sure as I never listen to the radio now, but i recal years ago tunning in and being impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think thats been going on for a long time now. Cant tell you for sure as I never listen to the radio now, but i recal years ago tunning in and being impressed.

Could be, I rarely listen to the radio and especially not that late in morning.

It is a really good show, I am going to try to listen to it on Monday night and see if it is another good show.

English link to show - http://www.raidionalife.ie/english/builli.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Great find man. I'll be listening on my phone for sure! I've been dying to find a decent radio station. Up to now it's been Stevie G throwing in some classic 90's tracks into his hitlist every so often. But this sounds great....haha I nearly pissed myself reading on the website in Irish then seeing Del tha Funky, Blackalicious and De La Soul in the middle of a sentence!! It's says 00.00-01.30. That means it's 12 to half 1 tonight doesn't it? A little cheesed the presenting is in irish even if it's a little. I'm very good at irish (aiming for an a in HL LC) but honestly I don't want to hear the bloody thing for another few months :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I was listening to 2 fm a while back and they played drop by the pharcyde, can i kick it by tribe and everyday people by arrested development, it's the best 10 minutes of radio i've ever witnessed, otherwise i despise radio. Just non stop commercial garbage. Tonik Fm isnt bad for a bit of trance and techno now and again though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ah feck it anyway. Never knew Raidio Na Life was based in Dublin. Can't get it here in the countryside of Cork haha. I remember getting it in the city a few times just going through stations but I've gone all the way around every inch of my house and na nothing except fuzz coming from 106.4...bit of a let down. Was looking forward to it... I tried the online thing too and that doesn't seem to be functioning at all!!

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Ah feck it anyway. Never knew Raidio Na Life was based in Dublin. Can't get it here in the countryside of Cork haha. I remember getting it in the city a few times just going through stations but I've gone all the way around every inch of my house and na nothing except fuzz coming from 106.4...bit of a let down. Was looking forward to it... I tried the online thing too and that doesn't seem to be functioning at all!!

You can get it on the website, plays perfectly. Will even work on your phone if it is a half decent phone.

What happens when you try to listen online? Try Chrome or Firefox, it won't work in Safari for me on Osx.
    Works in IE9 on Windows7 for me too actually.

The Irish is minimal, but considering you are in LC I can see why you don't want to hear it.

3 songs in, I am so glad I bothered to listen to this again.

Mon Jul 2 - An tSeanscoil (The Oldschool).

Peter Piper - Run DMC (Raising Hell (1989(6?))
    I run this - Slick Rick (Art of storytelling (1999)) - co-prod by Rev Run
    The Show - Doug E Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew (Oh, My God! (1985/6))
    Say it - Beastie Boys (Hot Sauce Committee Part Two (2011))
    Traveling at the speed of thought - Ultramagnetic MCs (Critical beat down (1988))
    The Body Rock (1980) - The Treacherous Three (Turn It Up (2000))
    Excursions - A Tribe Called Quest (Low end theory (1991))
    I Am I Be - De La Soul (Buhloone Mindstate (1993))
    What time is it? - Afrika Bambaattaa and family (Beware (The Funk Is Everywhere) (1986))
    Freestyle - Grandmaster Melle Mel and the Furious Five (198x) (Fast Rap (2001) by Edan)
    Paid in full (Coldcut remix) - Eric B and Rakim (Paid in full (1987))
    Down by law - Mc Shan (Prod by Marley Marl) (Down by Law (1987))
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Ya Strugglin' - Boogie Down Productions/Krs One (Edutainment (1990))
    Aint no stopping us now - Big Daddy Kane (Its a big daddy thing (1989))
    Don't believe the hype - Public Enemy (It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (1988))
    Jazzy's in the House - Jazzy Jeff (He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper (1988))
    Dr Bombay - Del Tha Funky Homosapien (I Wish My Brother George Was Here (1991))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Is there a replay of it anywhere?

Is there a replay of it anywhere?

Saturday 2.30AM on http://azul.streamguys.com/rnl106 or 106.4FM around Dublin.

I wish this was podcasted.

• Advertisement

This is on now but it is nearly over, it started at 10.30 and is over at 12

Also I emailed him about a podcast (with rusty irish) so hopefully they allow a podcast because if not I will have to record it myself which means having to leave the laptop on and setting it up to auto-record from the website.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This is on now but it is nearly over, it started at 10.30 and is over at 12

Also I emailed him about a podcast (with rusty irish) so hopefully they allow a podcast because if not I will have to record it myself which means having to leave the laptop on and setting it up to auto-record from the website.

A little more work, if you get the playlists and stick the songs into spotify/groveshark you can make a very handy playlist.

Here's a quick spotify one for most of the above tracks. Some of the older ones ain't on Spotify

spoti.fi/RMZl2n

lordgoat wrote: »
    A little more work, if you get the playlists and stick the songs into spotify/groveshark you can make a very handy playlist.

Here's a quick spotify one for most of the above tracks. Some of the older ones ain't on Spotify

spoti.fi/RMZl2n

Yeah good point, I don't know if I have the time to automate that but it looks like I will have to be recording it as the host did not get back.

Youtube or something not needing membership would be better even if less reliable. Spotify is not even available in Ireland iirc.

Yeah good point, I don't know if I have the time to automate that but it looks like I will have to be recording it as the host did not get back.

Youtube or something not needing membership would be better even if less reliable. Spotify is not even available in Ireland iirc.

Ya a youtube list would work.

Spotify is a bit of a pain in Ireland alright. If you stick up the playlists here, I'll stick em into a spotify list for ye though.

A nice weekly slice of hip hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ya a youtube list would work.

Spotify is a bit of a pain in Ireland alright. If you stick up the playlists here, I'll stick em into a spotify list for ye though.

A nice weekly slice of hip hop.

Sorry to go off topic here but is Spotify available in Wales do ya know? I'm moving there in 3 weeks and it'd be brilliant to be able to have it finally.

Also if that programme was done in a podcast form it it'd be perfect. I've to keep up to date with my Irish while I'm over there so any kind of help would be very useful.

Sorry to go off topic here but is Spotify available in Wales do ya know? I'm moving there in 3 weeks and it'd be brilliant to be able to have it finally.

Also if that programme was done in a podcast form it it'd be perfect. I've to keep up to date with my Irish while I'm over there so any kind of help would be very useful.

I'm not sure, i think it might be...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Woke up last night around 2.30-3 ish and for some reason decided to turn on the radio on my phone and I heard some great hip-hop on so I naturally continued listening.

It turned out to be Radió Na Life and yer man played lots of stuff from Anticon, Def Jux, Rhymesayers and the likes.

http://www.raidionalife.ie/builli.htm Definitely worth a listen on Monday night if you can, reminds me of a better Big Smoke.

Very little speaking, all Hip-Hop.

Excellent find , considering I can find naff all hip radio stations/shows
    this will go along side conspriacyworldwide radio show

Advertisement