Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing title updates via USB on Freestyle dash

Options
  • 30-06-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭

So I have a jtag xbox on FSD 2.0. I want to install the title updates to a game but for some reason FSD does not give me access to network settings so I can configure it to use the ethernet port to access the net via my laptop.

I read that you can install title updates via USB but how? Do I just put the update file on a USB stick and connect it, will the title update manager in FSD see it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

FSD doesn't control network settings, it is just an application running on top of the hacked dashboard. If you need to set an IP or whatever for connectivity then exit out of FSD back to the Dashboard and go to My Xbox -> Settings and look for network settings.

If you wish to pursue the USB option then just use the FSD file manager to copy the files TU_xxxxxxxxx into the Cache folder of your hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Elessar

FSD doesn't control network settings, it is just an application running on top of the hacked dashboard. If you need to set an IP or whatever for connectivity then exit out of FSD back to the Dashboard and go to My Xbox -> Settings and look for network settings.

If you wish to pursue the USB option then just use the FSD file manager to copy the files TU_xxxxxxxxx into the Cache folder of your hard drive

The seller I bought the xbox from locked out network config on the xbox obviously to prevent anyone downloading updates and wrecking the jtag. But it requires a password to unlock and I don't have it. I've sent him a PM.

I've moved the TU_xxx file to the Cache folder of Hdd1 (main hard drive) but it doesnt show up in FSDs title update manager and the game starts normal with no option to update...any ideas??

FYI its Skyrim I'm trying to update.

If the TU is in there, it's being used already. The option for applying an update appears when there's no update in the cache folder. FSD handles updates differently so it won't show up in that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Hi Elassar,

I sent you a PM with the button combination

justryan wrote: »
    Hi Elassar,

Good man, nice to know you're keeping those JTAGs safe :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

justryan wrote: »
    Hi Elassar,

Good man, nice to know you're keeping those JTAGs safe :)

You know it ;) although Elassar seems to know what he's doing

Advertisement