Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Flights Dublin -> San Francisco -$475 return

Options
  • 30-06-2012 6:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

United have flights from DUB -> SFO for $475 in November and December think it goes onto April.

Return including taxes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

unreal,do we just go to there main site or is there a certain link?

Can you please post a link to this please !!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Anyone ever fly with united before? What are they like? Reviews online don't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Reganovski wrote: »
    Anyone ever fly with united before? What are they like? Reviews online don't look great.

For that price I'd deal with it. It's €380 on sky scanner with Air France which I'd say is delta.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

Hi Anxious, that sky scanner site is great for booking flights. Can you tell me of a good website for booking hotels as I'm seriously looking in to booking the San Francisco holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

JackNow wrote: »
    Hi Anxious, that sky scanner site is great for booking flights. Can you tell me of a good website for booking hotels as I'm seriously looking in to booking the San Francisco holiday.

Don't think about it so much just do it. Booking.com is quite good and you can usually find a discount code. Or I found some travel agents are quite competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Reganovski wrote: »

They're grand.

And for that price they're brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

BA are having a post-Olympic Games sale at the moment

You can get a flight to San Francisco in November for €478

I have flown this route with both BA and United and the BA flight is much better as the in-flight experience is much better with BA than United

My bags have missed the connection at Heathrow with both airlines and the service provided by BA was much better than that provided by United. BA gave me a pre-paid Visa card to buy essentials and shipped my bag to my hotel in Las Vegas whereas United (full economy fare paid by Aer Lingus due to late arrival at LHR and missing of connection with US Airways) didn't give me anything and would only ship my bag to a hotel in San Francisco, even though I was in Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Thanks OP! Just booked two return flights to NYC on the run up to Christmas for €668 inc taxes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    United have flights from DUB -> SFO for $475 in November and December think it goes onto April.

Return including taxes.

I assume that is via their Chicago hub flight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

kn wrote: »
    I assume that is via their Chicago hub flight?

via Newark

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thanks OP! Just booked two return flights to NYC on the run up to Christmas for €668 inc taxes

Including taxes, that's very cheap :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Dutchy wrote: »
    Thanks OP! Just booked two return flights to NYC on the run up to Christmas for €668 inc taxes. :D

What airport and what dates did you get this price for ? Was it with United??? Great deal- :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Butterball wrote: »
    Dutchy wrote: »

What airport and what dates did you get this price for ? Was it with United??? Great deal- :D

Leaving Dublin airport at 9 am on the 13th December and flying into Newark. Departing Newark on the 20th December at 7 pm flying back into Dublin airport. Both are direct flights. Would've preferred JFK but cheap to get to Manhattan from NewarkðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 22 honeybea

Flew with United Airlines 3 years ago..to NY....their carriers were Aerlingus from Dublin...great service..just booked Dublin /Ny to JFK with Aerlingus from Dec 10 to 23rd for 550 return.....for family wedding ...happy enough with the price ..

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Thanks OP,
    3 Flights booked to San Fran for 10 nights from Shannon for under € 1400.
    Great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

The United flight from DUB/SNN to EWR is operated by the old continental. Great service and On Demand Video on every seat. I fly them a lot and they would be my carrier of choice for transatlantic.

Glad people have found it useful! It's my first bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

honeybea wrote: »
    Flew with United Airlines 3 years ago..to NY....their carriers were Aerlingus from Dublin...great service..just booked Dublin /Ny to JFK with Aerlingus from Dec 10 to 23rd for 550 return.....for family wedding ...happy enough with the price ..
    As Vuzuggu pointed out, that is only applicable to the routes that EI flies currently (Boston, New York JFK, Orlando and Chicago O'Hare). All other United routes are operated by Boeing 757-224 (i.e. old Continental Airlines aircraft) which are on average 17 years old. Personally, I try to avoid the routes not operated by EI - I hated the old Continental Airlines, but if they have been refitted as Vuzuggu says with AVOD, etc. then they are probably ok. To be honest, 757-200s are perfect for 2-4 hour flights in their narrow-body configuration of 6 seats per row with a single isle; but for transatlantic flights I much prefer the EI widebody Airbus A330.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Thanks Vuzuggu and Dutchy!!!!!!!! Just booked 3 flights to Newark for December- only for this alert I wouldn't be going-€338 each!!!!!!!!:D Am a very very happy camper today all thanks to BA!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Not seeing any good prices for next March to San Fran, LA or Vegas :( Being quoted over €550 return for one person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

Cheers OP! Just booked flights for 2 of us to go visit my sister in new york for thanksgiving....668 return total...can't believe it's that cheap the week of thanksgiving! Gotta love the bargain alerts on boards!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Have to say that skyscanner is a great site for finding and booking cheap flights. I booked 2 flights to New York leaving in November for E608 (E304 each). Flights are with Lufthansa but will be flying on united plane. Couldn't have been more delighted. I kept an eye on skyscanner for about 2 months watching the prices on the flights and couldn't believe seeing a flight to NY for E304 so obviously booked it.

Vuzuggu wrote: »

Return including taxes.

Dub to SFO for $475 is fantastic! Well done on getting such a bargain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Have to say that skyscanner is a great site for finding and booking cheap flights. I booked 2 flights to New York leaving in November for E608 (E304 each). Flights are with Lufthansa but will be flying on united plane. Couldn't have been more delighted. I kept an eye on skyscanner for about 2 months watching the prices on the flights and couldn't believe seeing a flight to NY for E304 so obviously booked it.

What date did you get & are they direct flights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Great deal! Dub-San Fran would usually cost about 500 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Flew united Belfast to Newark a few months back - on the whole better than aer lingus - food as actually edible. No immigration pre-clearance in Belfast so > 1 hour to clear it in Newark - apparently very slow on Fridays due to lots of flights arriving simultaneously. AFAIK Newark is a similar distance from Manhattan as JFK. There's a bus from Newark that stops at Grand Central and a few other places. Flew back on a Sunday evening and traffic as mental getting out of Manhattan so allow plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

I'm looking to flying to Orlando in December but there is a layover in Newark of over 9 hours. Just wondering can we leave the airport during a layover and if so will ours bags be ok once we leave the airport.

By the way have flown to America many times and the old Continental airlines is by far the best carrier i have flown with, all seats have on demand screens

shardylan wrote: »
    What date did you get & are they direct flights ?

I'm leaving Nov 26 and returning dec 14th, yeah they are direct flights. I was shocked myself that they were so cheap. I looked the other day and skyscanner had flights from dub to NY return for E350 flying with united

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

jayroyal wrote: »
    I'm looking to flying to Orlando in December but there is a layover in Newark of over 9 hours. Just wondering can we leave the airport during a layover and if so will ours bags be ok once we leave the airport.

By the way have flown to America many times and the old Continental airlines is by far the best carrier i have flown with, all seats have on demand screens

Yes you can leave the airport. The bags will be checked through and fine. You won't need to worry about them. You could standby on an earlier flight if you wanted to. I have been put on earlier flights quite few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Found Dublin -> SF in September for €361 return... one stop over.

Advertisement