Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is life better outside ireland

Options
  • 30-06-2012 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I've been in america for the last month and i loved it. I've went there for the last 4 years to meet family and friends.

I met people of similar age 18/19 and i fitted in so well unlike in ireland where i just feel odd.

I had no confidence for all of my teenage years in ireland and i was totaly uncool throughout secondry school. people there did not understand me and i was branded odd.

Whereas in america i was confident , i could talk to people much more easily and in general people seemed to like me.

Now im back in Ireland and i'm depressed. I will more than lightly have to live most of my life in a place that i despise and a place where i don't fit in all the time knowing there is a place across the ocean where i feel i would fit in very well but i will never be able to live there.

Am i the only one who feels that my place is in a country besides Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

I reckon it's more home-town than Ireland... Going somewhere where you dont kn ow anyone or know the people you pass is good.

Have you ever lived outside or went to college outside of your home-town?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 concernman

A month ago you started a thread asking about Nightclubs in Sligo that are easy on I.D,s then you were in America for the last month with people of a similar age 18/19. I smell bull****.

Advertisement