Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very nearly bought a Super Famicom....

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Nearly bought one on Ebay but was narrowly pipped to the post, thank the gods!

Now have found someone with a working Super Nintendo, the grey slab from the States, for €40 all in, no cable or nuffink but then, with the cables and power requirements being common, I can just use my Snes stuff with it.

So, buy that, and a few games, happy days....

Yes??

Thinking of getting Starfox and Stunt Race FX, just so's I can see them at full speed, and also picking up Indiana Jones Adventures as it's much cheaper in the States than it is here.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Don't do it! Get the Super Famicom.

Why settle for Angela Merkel when you could have Kelly Brook instead? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, the US Super Ninty can play everything, with a little plastic surgery...
    Plus, the Super Famicom is exactly the same as the Snes, bar the logo.
    I'll have a Super Nintendo thankyouverymuch...

Now to get it past my own personal....
    Eye_of_sauron.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, the US Super Ninty can play everything, with a little plastic surgery...

Susan Boyle can look good with plastic surgery. Oh, hold on a minute... maybe not.

JUST GET A SUPER FAMICOM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

bringing back memories now.
    i have one of them in the attic at home. the brother got it for me for a present many years ago.
    i must find it and see if it still works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Forget about the SFC, as you said it's identical to the PAL Snes [inside & out] & the PAL unit can play SFC games with a little bit of magic.

Go for the US model, you can make it universal with little to no work & well, it's different :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Post here everytime you nearly buy something.

I'm finding it hard to get a decent priced one and a 3do as well. Some times it would be handy not to live here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well if you have 45 euro burning a hole in your pocket you can get one, without cables or controllers.
    Now, all your current PSU, controls and av hook ups will work with it so that's how I figure on saving a few bob.
    So, that's the path I'm taking to get into NTSC Snes bliss!

Well if you have 45 euro burning a hole in your pocket you can get one, without cables or controllers.
    Now, all your current PSU, controls and av hook ups will work with it so that's how I figure on saving a few bob.

Really the psu adapter is ok to use? What about the rgb cable? Can I wear my favourite slippers as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

sf alpha 2 would be a good one, the jntsc version I have has timing issues on 2 pal snes, a standard switch modded one and a supercic modded one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Really the psu adapter is ok to use? What about the rgb cable? Can I wear my favourite slippers as well?

Pretty sure you need a different rgb cable

• Advertisement

Well, as measure that upsets many I don't have an RGB cable!
    So my regular cable should suffice, composite it may be.
    I will invest in a proper RGB cable though, promise!

Is that including delivery? Where may one obtain such a SNES for this price?

You will indeed need a different RGB cable as the pinouts are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Get the us snes, come to the dark side.....or more the pale purple side! :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    You will indeed need a different RGB cable as the pinouts are different.

Will the composite cable work fine?

Will the composite cable work fine?

Yep, it's down to if your tv supports an NTSC signal or not at that stage...seeing as its the Trinitron, it'll work fine. Well, as fine as composite gets anyway :p

Now where can they be got for that price??

Fc twin on adverts. Solves the problem of not having anything to play Earthbound on but I still want a US Snes, I love them.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Fc twin on adverts. Solves the problem of not having anything to play Earthbound on but I still want a US Snes, I love them.

Nah, afaik they can't do RGB & are generally low quality.

Advertisement