Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Swedish

Options
  • 29-06-2012 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I am looking to learn Swedish. I am quite good at picking up languages (already speak 4). Can anyone recommend a good textbook and Cds that they used before, to get me started? I know most European languages have textbooks now for A1, A2, B1, B2 etc.. so something like that would be cool. It's a shame michel thomas method hasn't done Swedish yet and Rosetta Stone is very over priced plus the Teach Yourself series and the Colloquial Swedish series aren't great:(
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If one of those languages you speak is Dutch, German or French you'll find many words borrowed from those languages.

This site is used by SFI students (Swedish For Immigrants)
    www.digitalasparet.se

This site is Swedish for people with various mental disabilities and is "super simple Swedish" so also good for learner since it's not using any difficult words.
    www.8sidor.se

Try this
    www.malett.se/laromedel/sprakverktyg/2.html

Btw, there's plenty of youtube vids with people showing off their Swedish
    The good thing about this is that you get to hear their pronunciation, which may be easier for your ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭an langer

Hey thanks a million for this. I've been looking at the links just now, looks great! Tack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

http://www.onlineswedish.com/main.php

I found that to be an excellent starting off point. Ignore the ugly (lack of) design!

Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

I've learned a good few languages using the Pimsleur method, it's about the fastest way to learn. If you're on Audible that's a ton of courses up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement