Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in with Fiancee... Both recieveing JSA/B

Options
  • 29-06-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I'm currently in reciept of Jobseekers Benefit and I've just moved from home and into my fiance's house. He is currently recieveing Casual Jobseekers Allowance and working two days a week.
    How will this effect my fiances payment??

When my jobseekers benefit is up and I'm means tested for jobseekers allowance (thats If I don't get a job before that)... how will this work? Will we both get our individual payments or will one of us have to apply for the other??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

as a cohabiting couple you are entitled to a max social welfare payment of 312euro a week, regardless of if it is jsb or jsa, this payment is divided in two and each of you get that amount in the post office each week

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ignore that ^^^ It's completely inaccurate.
    If 2 partners in a couple are both on JSB they can both get the full €188 however, since one of you is on JSA the Maximum Payment does apply.

You are on JSB now? Correct? Do you get the full €188?
    Your payment will not be affected at all. You are on Benefit and you will keep whatever benefit you are entitled to.

Your partner's payment however, will be reduced. The maximum amount they can get is going to be the same as if you claim for them ie: €124.80 per week.... and that will continue to issue by Cheque, not into the post office as the previous poster said.

The actual amount that your partner gets depends on their earning but it will not exceed €124.80 per week.

When your benefit ends and you go onto JSA then the maximum that comes in will not exceed €312.80. Ye will be assess on your partners income and then both get half of that.
    Yours into the Post Office and your partners by CHQ.

If may be slightly more beneficial for you to claim for your partner or vice versa but its up to ye which way ye want your claim set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

^^^^

em think that is what I said

312 is the max a co habiting couple can receive while on social welfare

Advertisement