Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private by mistake - what are the costs?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hello, after months of ringing people back and forth, finally today my GP confirmed my suspicion that I have entered the system as a private patient although I asked for all to be public.

He reassured me he will sort it all out since the origin of the mistake is in his surgery, but I have seen an obstetrician at the start of June and am now wondering will I have to pay for that and how much? My GP didn't know.

Did anything like that happen to someone before, and if so, did you end up paying and how much?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Don't put your hand into your pocket... You asked for public.. it's not your fault that you're GP's admin person made a balls of it tbh..

If there are any charges, make sure they send an invoice to your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Agree with xzanti it's not your fault they messed up so it shouldn't be your cost! If you have only seen the consultant once I would suspect it would be no more than €300 but I've no idea how the consultant might view the problem as you will have taken up one of his/her patient slots!

Either way your doc has admitted the problem started with them so it's not your issue to resolve & don't let it become yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Thank you so much, what you say really makes sense, I am feeling a lot more confident about the matter now.

Would have never come up with the idea of invoicing the GP! Now here's to waiting and hoping that this won't make me have to wait tooooo long for my next scan - I understand all the appointments will need to be rescheduled now.

Advertisement