Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not again

Options
  • 29-06-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I started a thread very similar to this back in May in relation to myself, now today my wife got the same letter, apparently her JSB is due to run out soon. She's only been on JSB for 6 months so thought that was very short as mine lasted longer.

I'm starting to get very stressed now as I haven't seen a payment since May 1st. After finally getting through to them yesterday all I was told I'll be paid "soon".

Just a couple of questions about my wife's claim.

She was invited to apply online, something I wasn't. Are these dealt with quicker than postal entries? How far in advance do they inform you you're about to run out of stamps? I wasn't told which is why I'm presuming I've been left so long without payment.

Secondly will her amount change? She's currently on €136 a week as I'm getting a payment. Our only means is my payment.

Finally when she filled in the application online she put in the maximum amount I could get on JSA even though I haven't been awarded it yet. She put a note in saying I was waiting on it. Was that the right thing to do?

Regards

Comments

Advertisement