Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get jobseekers benefit?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Finished college course at the end of may there. going doing a postgrad course in september but I cant find a job for the summer.
    Am I entitled to jobseekers benefit even though I'm going doing a postgrad in september?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Hi yes you are entitled to it for the summer. You will need a letter from the college saying you have completed the degree. Doesnt matter if you have exam results yet or failed some. You should be able to get backdated to the date when your last exam was. You dont even need to tell them you are doing a postgraduate in September, just sign off from September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Your only entitled to benefit if you have the required number of prsi contributions ie 13wks in this tax year

if you worked while in college you may do if not then you wont have so you will have to apply for jobseekers allowance which is means tested

Advertisement