Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get Jobseekers paid into the bank?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Just a quick query

Could you apply to get paid directly into your bank account if it was difficult to get to the post office frequently

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

No, Job seekers S/W payment are paid to post office because you have to produce your S/W card and ID. Fraud prevention measure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

nope if you dont turn up on your day you dont get nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Thanks for the replies. What about the possibility of changing Post Office though?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You will have to do that in your local office(dept of)not the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Two of my mates get paid into their bank
    But when they lost their job they went up to the social and produced some weekly bills to state they have direct debts and needed it to be produced into their bank every week
    Think they have to sign something every week tho il ask them later and get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

You can change your post office at the social welfare office. And as far as I know the money is officially kept for three days in the post office.
    Though mine has been there from Wednesday to Monday and gets sent back on Tuesday and I then have to go to the welfare and explain I missed it because I was sick or something.

I doubt they'll let you get it into the bank. The last I heard was a friend of mine about three years ago getting it into her bank. Far as I know you'll have to go to the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Im just getting mine paid into the bank at the mo cos im due my baby, even at that your woman had a puss on her doing it for me :rolleyes: i got told it cant be for any great amount of time, which is fine, post office is ok, obviously after i have the baby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Had been getting it paid into the bank for a long time, was also in with various questions over a period of 2 yrs; no-one ever said anything until, unfortunately, one day a guy said he had to change it from bank to post office.

Said it was standard policy to counter act those who fly in and out off the country once a month to sign.

He would not listen to any discussion, said his hands were tied.

Advertisement