Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full mouth reconstruction... advice?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am looking for some info or advice on what to do, i have really bad teeth, when i was pregnant on my son 6 years ago my teeth got really bad, the pregnancy had a major effect on my teeth, i have holes in them and they are yellow, everyday that goes by it's get me down a little bit more, my confidence is 0.0% at the moment, even my son is starting to ask why my teeth are so bad. I need a full mouth reconstruction, is it possible to get this done on finance, or would i even be able to afford finance? I am unemployed, i have been trying to find a job for a while now, i am in training and spend alot of time volunteering. I do have a medical card but i don't think it would cover what i need done.

Can anyone help me out on this, it really has me down, i would do anything to have a white smile again!

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Firstly you need to find out what exactly you need....see a dentist(who accepts medical card)first,& have a treatment plan formulated.
    Some patients submit the treatment plan to the credit union& get a loan on the basis of that. Others borrow from a family member.
    (NB: your 6 year old son should have his four first permanent molars around now,it's never too early to start him with good habits&regular routine dental checkups)
    Start small,book a checkup to find out what's what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Get the basics done OP. Get cleaning, get unrestorable teeth removed and then get the restorable ones filled etc. After that you can look into advanced dentistry like root canals, crowns, bleaching, implants and the other things you would like.

Advanced dental work, or full mouth reconstructions are done in health mouths, don't spend loads on one tooth, take a whole mouth approach. You can always ask for a referral to the dental hospital, it take time and there is a wait but you can avail of treatment the medical card would not pay for anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jayreddin

I'm attending the dental hospital myself getting a full mouth restoration on the medical card for free. the only downside is it takes time, alot of time. I'v been attending since December and so far only my top teeth have been temporarily filled and next stage is to remove the temporary filling one by one and permanently fill. I no how you feel about your teeth as I'v been there done that, but I recommend trying it yourself. I'm in the dental hospital at trinity if you need any more info etc. ask me or if its private pm me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

jayreddin wrote: »
    I'm attending the dental hospital myself getting a full mouth restoration on the medical card for free.

Nope not for free, it just your not paying...;)

BTW Fillings does not make a full mouth reconstruction, thats technically a title for mouth that require one or both arches restored with indirect restorations, crowns , bridges, implants etc........

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Edit: sorry mods, I thought I had started a new thread, could this be moved to its own thread or wherever you think best please?

I am considering braces mainly to sort out my badly crowded lower teeth and to make some small perfections on my upper teeth. My smile currently isn't great, due to crowding but also as my teeth are quite yellow. The orthos I have consulted all recommended full braces, no invisalign or the like for me unfortunately. Even if I get the ceramic braces, they will still be quite easily visible and I know I would be quite self conscious.

Now I think my self esteem would be less impacted by the braces if they were on lovely white teeth, not on my yellowing ones. I have read here and elsewhere that KoR whitening is the best. But it involves reusable trays so would it be a waste to get it done before braces or how frequently would I need to reuse the trays for top ups? Are there any other issues in getting whitening on crowded teeth?

Final question, one of my front teeth was broken years ago and has a white filling on the corner if it. Is this a problem for whitening?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement