Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge door stays ajar - can I alarm it?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Having problems in that sometimes the fridge door doesn't always close properly and stays ajar.

Is it possible to get an alarm and retro fit this?

Is it a problem with the door itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ours does that too occasionally and it's down to having too much weight in the door. This causes the bracket on the bottom of the fridge that the door hinges on to move slightly meaning the axis between the two hinge points isn't perfectly vertical. On our (admittedly ancient) fridge it's just a matter of taking all the stuff out of the door, and loosening, adjusting and re-tightening two screws holding the bracket to the body.

As for an alarm, you can get electronic fridge/freezer thermometers that have built-in alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

thanks for that info! From googling, I think that Maplin might have something.

A freezer upgrade isn't an option right now! So was looking for something I could retro fit! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

If you look at the front feet of the fridge you will find them adjustable. Adjust them longer and test and adjust again until the door falls closed.

Advertisement