Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your chest/lungs after quitting?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭

Off the smokes just over 2 months and off the champix 2 weeks. Pretty confident i'll never get addicted to cigarettes again.

Heath wise i'm felling a lot fresher but my chest feels tight not really sore unless I was lying down on it but it feels funny like it's not getting enough air or something. I used to always have a cough but that's disappeared after I stopped smoking. Has anyone else noticed funny things happening with themselves as far as there lungs/chest is concerned? Is it normal or should I get it checked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Sounds like classic anxiety to me. A normal thing to experience coming off smokes and Champix.

I had similar experiences after quitting (10 years smoking). My chest and lungs are great, I feel like a teenager again after quitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I dont think its anxiety, im pretty sure its not. Its like my lungs are bursting through the middle of my rib cage, think I need some breating lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Delighted to see this thread as i have a similar problem.

I'm off them 3.5 months and for the past month I've been having great difficulty yawning. I can't seem to get enough air in to yawn if that makes sense. I then begin to panic and it takes a good while until I'm thinking of something else!

My coughing hasnt stopped either. In fact I'm coughing more. I hope this is all common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I have a similar feeling but I had it while I was smoking too when I didn't have one for a while.

As for the increased coughing I think it is just your lungs cleaning themselves.

I think everyone who has recently stopped smoking should visit their doctor, you're body is going through one hell of a trauma at the moment.

Advertisement