Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fas Course

Options
  • 28-06-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hope someone can offer advice.

I hope to start a 16wk full time FAS course soon.

Currently on JSA, paid weekly into post office.

Will I still get JSA while on the FAS course.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Your JSA will be closed and you will be paid at least the same rate by FAS, now called Employment Services. If you don't obtain work after the course you will need to sign back on to JSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

You'll be paid by fas. Full time get €188 a week or your jsa if that's higher ( plus travel or accom)
    Fas work a week in hand though so you won't get paid until the end of your second week in fas though just remember to budget for that. Then you will get paid by fas until the week after you leave fas (the dole will pay you for that week too and so if you sign back on after)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

when you are starting the course you will be sent a form in the post to bring to the dole office with you this suspends your claim (your claim is not closed) and it's used by fas to calculate what you will be paid.
    if you are 18 or older your minimum payment is 188. It can be more if you have child dependents, travel allowance etc. Your money from fas will be paid into a bank account usually goes in every thursday and you get paid a week in hand.
    When the course is over you have to wait on a letter sent out from fas stating that the course is now finished (you get this usually around the wednesday or thusday after you have finished ) bring this back to the dole office tell them you want to reactivate your claim and fill in a form. In my experience I've had no delay and have not been left without payment from either fas or jsa switching from one to the other and payment seems to resume on what was your normal payment day.
    more information available about payments here

http://www.fas.ie/en/Allowances+and+Grants/Training+Allowances/default.htm

Advertisement